Burr_n1ck

FNG
Posted a review on tricer.com first but it's been deleted, so figured I'd give you guys a heads up on here.

Been using the tricer bc this hunting season and not impressed. First I was glassing threw a rain storm and the legs filled completely full of water. Then drained in my pack when I put it away not realizing they were full of water. Now after one bow season the rubber feet are decentigrading. Was expecting a little more from a $340 dollar tripod. Sent a warranty request to see if my seals had failed on the legs, no response. Now I don't know if it's worth even trying to see if the feet are covered. Just stuck with a tripod that's falling apart and not even one season old. 10 year old vortex tripod and 5 year old siuri are holding up to this day. Recommend looking at different brands.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The inverted legs don’t have a “seal” to prevent water from getting in them. Same thing happens with my inverted legs on my Leofoto. It’s a downside of the inverted legs that allow the water to enter the legs.

If you turned a regular type tripod upside down and water dripped down the legs, water would leak into them.

For me, I prefer that possibility as opposed to the problem I have when the adjustments are down close to the dirt, dust, and mud that fills the twist locks and gets inside the legs. There is no water tight seal in those either.

I have had to replace the plastic insert each year with those. I don’t have to with the inverted type because it is away from the ground.

You have a valid complaint not to prefer the design with inverted legs. The inverted leg design is new, so most probably have not dealt with it. I have been running the inverted tripod for a few years now. They take some getting used to. You can either stick with the style that you like or learn to deal with that nuance.

Have any pics of the disintegrating rubber feet? That would be a warranty issue.

I just picked up the Tricer JC, and it looks good to me. Rubber feet look the same as any.

Here is the mechanism. It’s essentially the same as any twist lock tripod leg. Plastic slides that ride on the small leg end. And, if you pay attention, most tripods you can hear the air blow out as you collapse it. Some have a small hole drilled at the top apex to vent, but many/most do not.

IMG_8087.jpeg

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I learned something new. Tricer website says it did release a waterproof twist lock, so maybe you have a previous version. That would be an improvement over my Leofoto, I didn’t realize that.

That was never on my radar, the water, being from AZ, we don’t deal with rain that much…

IMG_8088.png

Tricer

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Posted a review on tricer.com first but it's been deleted, so figured I'd give you guys a heads up on here.

Been using the tricer bc this hunting season and not impressed. First I was glassing threw a rain storm and the legs filled completely full of water. Then drained in my pack when I put it away not realizing they were full of water. Now after one bow season the rubber feet are decentigrading. Was expecting a little more from a $340 dollar tripod. Sent a warranty request to see if my seals had failed on the legs, no response. Now I don't know if it's worth even trying to see if the feet are covered. Just stuck with a tripod that's falling apart and not even one season old. 10 year old vortex tripod and 5 year old siuri are holding up to this day. Recommend looking at different brands.
Our first tripods were not waterproof leg locks like all tripods honestly it's really not necessary since most tripods are not sitting out in the rain but when I designed the JC this year I spent an extra $10k to make molds for waterproof twist locks for all our tripod models. This was just something I did to make the product better. So all our current models have waterproof locks Since around May this year.

If you do get water in your legs unscrew the feet the water will drain. Again it must have been a down pour for that much water to get in there.

As for the rubber feet wearing out we use the same feet as every other company and we sell them on the site. I have never worn a set out but sounds like you must have put yours through some abuse. Rubber wears it's a consumable item just like the soles of your shoes.

Let me know if you want to trade out your tripod for a new one all I have is good customer service and good products. I will take care of you.

Tricer

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I will also point out that 1 person before you had this issue last year and that's what prompted me to develop the waterproof twist lock molds. But anything I can do to make my products better I will do.

I would wager that a lot of your gear got wet during that rain storm. Rain sucks and it isn't good for anything. This is why I keep a tarp in my pack at all times when I am
In the mountains.

If you want 3 new feet instead of a new tripod I will send you some. You are the first person in about 10k tripods to have worn out the feet. Typically guys just lose them that's why I sell them and all my spare parts for the cost of shipping not for profit.

Tricer

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
@Burr_n1ck As for customer service not responding that is not the truth. The only thing we got from You was "legs filled with water" and a picture from our product page not a picture of your tripod with anything to do with it. We did respond on August 23 see below screenshot. We never heard back from you. We do not cover water damage because quite frankly the tripod cannot be damaged by water and this tripod was not damaged. It just got wet. It's still functions like new it just got wet.

Shoot [email protected] an email stating Drew said to trade you out and we will do it.

IMG_1215.jpegIMG_1216.jpeg

OP
Burr_n1ck

Burr_n1ck

FNG
@Tricer The response from customer service must of went into junk file and got cycled out with all the other mass junk msgs she gets, searched for a reply and couldn't find it. Should of used my email but was a surprise gift. I have been babying it but understand the rubber wears out, used other pods in the same rocky terrain and they show minimal wear so must have got two of the feet good with a rock moving around and not realized.

It was raining hard, and the deer loved it 😂. First inverted pod so learning curve. But hike that far in not going to sit in the tent.

Your other products I'm running are top notch, I'll most likely take you up on the offer to exchange.