Trekking tent

Been looking for a good UL tent for the budget hunter (me)..I hunt 2-3 hunts a year and am only out for 5-7 days at a time. The unit I hunt is the same unit I live in so I've been looking for something that will work if I decide to stay out over night. The reason I hunt the unit I live in is because I'm fairly new to hunting (6yrs) and new to the area (4yr) and just starting backcountry solo stuff and honing my skills before I venture further out...anyways, I'm not to keen on floorless yet so I've been looking in to something else. I found these on Amazon for decent prices and was wondering if anyone has had experience with them. Tips/advise welcomed, thanks in advance.
e06242dad43efd445c95c01ceec046b0.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

colonel00

WKR
Where are you located and what is the weather like? It's hard to read the photo but I don't think I've heard of any of those tents. In ideal conditions, any old tent will do to keep the bugs out and maybe a little drizzle off of you. However, I'd have a hard time trust anything "budget" to keep me dry and protected if the weather turned nasty.

OP
A
I'm in Southern New Mexico, I hunt anywhere from 6,000-10,000ft. I only hunt bow so my seasons very.

Jauwater

WKR
I’d follow reviews on Amazon. I’ve used a bunch of “budget” gear off of Amazon to outfit for a Boy Scout group I recently stopped guiding for. I’ve never used said brands, other then possibly Nemo. I never had to many problems that I can remember. The carbon poles I remember a few breaking, but it was also inexperienced boys setting them up. I just always read the reviews, and never buy items with less then 4.5 stars. If “Nemo Equipment” is the same Nemo brand that makes the Fillo pillow, and the other high end Nemo Gear, which I’m pretty sure it is, they make really good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
A
I do read the reviews alot, and yes that is the same Nemo but that a bit on the high end of what I don't want to pay. Thanks for the input.

Jauwater

WKR
Yea Nemo tends to run high. I’ve sold most of my stuff. The ones I’ve kept is the Eureka Solitaire, and the Eureka Spitfire(I think it’s called). I’d recommend the spitfire. I think when I picked it up off Amazon it was less than $120. I picked up the Solitaire for like $80. I’ve had trouble with the Solitaire poles, but a call to Eureka says they’ll replace them for $10, so you could always order some extras. I feel like they make a good tent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimss

WKR
I've been using the fly off my Hilleberg Nallo for years. For super light weight trips I use the fly plus poles and painters plastic for floor. There is likely 3 to 4x more room and usable floor space compared to the ones mentioned above....and likely weighs about the same. The Nallo is a 4 season tent and just the fly is pretty much bomber=proof! I've used the fly plus tent plus footprint on numerous Alaska trips in hurricane type winds, snow, etc. You can't beat having the option of using the fly alone in mild to moderate conditions tent plus fly when it's nasty. I picked up my nearly new Nallo on Craigslist for about 1/2 price!

tttoadman

WKR
I would be hitting the Backpacking Light forum and getting the next Tarptent Double rainbow that comes up. They can be had for a touch over $200 used if you're fast. If you don't mind the import made stuff, the Six Moons shelters are pretty good. I have the gatewood cape and nest. I also have the Solo LE with a custom made 5/8 aluminum pole. It is good for most winter weather a guy should see.