trekking poles

Floorguy

WKR
So I have a $100 gift certificate to Amazon and was thinking that I should pick up some trekking poles. I was looking and found narrowed it down to the Black Diamond Trail flick locks or the Leki corklite flick locks. They are I can get either for @$95 they seem to both have good reputations. They are within 1.2 oz in weight and @5cm in length so they seem to be 6 of one half dozen of the other. So I figured I would see what people thought on here. The only thing about the leki is is that they are used and being sold as an amazon warehouse deal.

sk1

WKR
i have the black diamonds and couldnt be more happy, put them through alot of abuse this season, but it is my first season with them. i have no experience with leki yet

Gman

WKR
Have had nothing but great experiences with various BD poles. Just make sure you get nice grips. I once went cheap and got rubber grips like ski poles, blistered up my hands pretty good. But the flicklocks never slipped!

KMT

WKR
I have the Leki poles. They are nice. I got my kid a pair of cheap $13 poles from Walmart. Guess what? They are also good. In fact, I grab whichever set I see first and go with them.

OP
Floorguy

Floorguy

WKR
I have the Leki poles. They are nice. I got my kid a pair of cheap $13 poles from Walmart. Guess what? They are also good. In fact, I grab whichever set I see first and go with them.

I have a pair if the wally world flicklocks that I got for my 5 year old it is interesting that the bd and wally world flick locks both use the same patent.

Biggs300

Lil-Rokslider
I have BD Trail Shock Flicklocks and I've been very happy with them. The handle design is comfortable and functional (for ascending and descending) and the pole system is strong and the Flicklocks lock in nicely. I looked at a couple of different carbon fiber poles and they are definitely lighter but the BD aluminum poles don't seem overly heavy and feel very solid....and, they are cheaper!

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dont let lite weight carbon poles fool you. I have put my zpoles through many days afield in varying conditions and they are tougher than the 9.5 oz per set suggests that you have in your hands. The Z Poles feature lightweight and durable carbon fiber shafts with a non-slip foam mini-grip extension and an EVA foam grip with a moisture wicking strap. Any trekking pole is better than no trekking pole, but when they are this lite it is difficult to no take them along. Never leave home w/out them.
P9290616.jpg

P9020576.jpg

P5050566-001.jpg