Trekking Poles as Bipod

Ditt44

Lil-Rokslider
I posted this thread last fall... using Wiser connectors.

Attachments

• 20230613_193807.jpg
    20230613_193807.jpg
    652.7 KB · Views: 36

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
I like the Wiser Precision Quick-Stix. https://www.wiserprecision.com/collections/quick-stix-system

They are convenient for holding the poles together when I only want to use one, but want both in hand rather than one strapped to the pack. I also like that I can hold the rifle and the poles, which helps with follow up shots. If I have to break the position and move a few feet for a clear shot, the Quick-stix keeps everything together and it is fast.

No need to adjust pole length (within reason), just tilt for or aft until you get to your desired height. They work as a rear rest, and when seated and with a pack, if time allows you can put the brace poles against your feet and lean your upper body into them to stabilize your shoulder, this works well with walking length poles and eliminates the need to adjust length for a seated rear rest.
I've changed my opinion on Quick-Stix. As I've been shooting and practicing more, I decided to try without the Quick-Stix. I've now pulled them off my poles.

When it comes to shooting, Form tends to be pretty spot on. I had disagreed with him on this for some time, but once again I find he was correct and I was wrong. From a stabilization point of view, the trekking poles in front and the pack being used to stabilize your body in back works better than what I talked about above in the quoted post.