Trapping catches

mcr-85

WKR
I put a few coyote sets a couple days ago and today will be the first check. I set on a ton of sign. I am hoping to have one caught.

Tomorrow me and my boys are going to set some cat traps in the area too. My dad caught a couple coyotes and a big tom bobber on his snare line this last week and its got my boy fired up to go catch his own bobcat.

I put a few coyote sets a couple days ago and today will be the first check. I set on a ton of sign. I am hoping to have one caught.

Tomorrow me and my boys are going to set some cat traps in the area too. My dad caught a couple coyotes and a big tom bobber on his snare line this last week and its got my boy fired up to go catch his own bobcat.
Good luck!

mcr-85

WKR
Good luck!
Thanks! We had a little luck.

I got to introduce a kid to trapping this afternoon. My boys buddy came along and got to see a coyote and also helped put a couple more sets in. Good times!
2608c997e2afc6a149403da56b94baec.jpg
e41afd2af47c57cfe410d5576401760f.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Castmaster

Lil-Rokslider
I have some coyotes back behind the house I want to trap. Can someone recommend a bait/lure to use. The list out there is overwhelming for a newbie. PM’s welcome!
My favorite bait is Cavens Hiawatha Valley and my favorite lure is Dobbins Dig’r… another good coyote lure is Cavens Yodel Dog. Tons of other great lure options but pretty much any coyote gland lure or canine lure will work.

Scottf270

WKR
You can use food type baits or urine and gland bait. I sometimes make sets with both and other times use just lures. I like variety. Can check out Hoosier Trapping Supply. Great service.

Caught this nice male coyote today on a pond dike snare. I set on a heavily used run going through some tall weeds down to the water’s edge. Set hadn’t seen any action for a couple weeks until pond thawed out.

Attachments

• IMG_5510.jpeg
    IMG_5510.jpeg
    767.6 KB · Views: 24
We caught a couple of these set wreckers this last week. We usually don't catch many of these where we usually trap so my boys thought they were cool. These two are skinned to be tanned and hung on the wall.

View attachment 647137
View attachment 647138View attachment 647139
They really leave a crime scene! We've had them dig a hole right next to the stake and be completely underground when we checked them. Not fun getting them out for a finishing shot.