trad bow shooting tip

a3dhunter

WKR
Well, have always shot split finger myself but after reading several books, articles, and threads advising of the benefits of three finger I tried it again today.

When I had tried it before I felt awkward and like something wasn't right, just wasn't comfortable.....but today everything felt good and found myself increasing accuracy right away. I found that I could move back another 5 yards and keep the same accuracy as before. I was even calling my shots and hitting within a couple inches at 20 yards, which was a lot better than before.

Gives me hopes of actually being confident enough to hunt with it someday instead of just enjoying shooting.

G Posik

WKR
I have tried and tried and tried the 3 fingers under method. Just does not feel right to me, so split finger it is. My bows are tillered for split finger and when shooting 3 under they are louder. The biggest tip I have is anchor point, anchor point, and anchor point. It has been said once above, but hit the same point every time. I used tip of pointer finger on cheek bone, thumb tip touching the front of my ear and fletching touching my upper lip. when these thee are there the shot is true. the other thing is to pick a spot(AIM SMALL MISS SMALL) and keep you eye on it. once your arrow is in the air keep your bow up till arrow strikes the spot you are watching. This works for me, but I will say I do not think about it anymore. If I think about it I mess up and over think everything.

Glenn

J

JBR

Gonna have to give the 3 under an honest effort to see what I think. All the other tips are great too... Anchor point, aim small miss small, follow thru on the shot... All important.