Tract TORIC UHD Hunting Rifle Scope Review

260madman

WKR
Why lit in SFP but not in FFP?
you would think with FFP and a thin reticle they’d illuminate it so it’s easy to pick up on the low end. My guess is money for the upgrade of illumination and FFP. Get one but not the other.

Nice to see the full eval, and an apparent pass. Good work.

Maybe consider reposting in the forum with other drop tests so this doesn't get lost.

BCD

WKR
Interested in this scope for sure. It checks a lot of boxes but its pretty heavy and with the FFP I wish it had illumination. I didn't read the entire thread, how was the reticle in low light at low magnification in the timber?

Thanks!

SDHNTR

WKR
Totally agree.
On another thread they said they kept it non illuminated to keep weight down because they thought that was important. Felt like an after the fact damage control argument to me, which was easy to poke holes in. Fact of the matter is, anyone with any understanding of hunting scopes knows that if you are only going to light one, it needs to be your FFP model. I really want to like Tract, but they just can’t seem to get out of their own way.

JW@TRACT

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Interested in this scope for sure. It checks a lot of boxes but its pretty heavy and with the FFP I wish it had illumination. I didn't read the entire thread, how was the reticle in low light at low magnification in the timber?

Thanks!
SDHNTR posted our response from another thread that we had hoped to keep the FFP model lighter by not adding illumination. However, we are working on getting an FFP version with illumination out soon.

alpine_troop

Lil-Rokslider
SDHNTR posted our response from another thread that we had hoped to keep the FFP model lighter by not adding illumination. However, we are working on getting an FFP version with illumination out soon.
What kind of weight penalty are we talking about to add illumination, an ounce or so?

SDHNTR

WKR
Or just offer the non illum in the SFP since it will naturally have a thicker reticle and less need for it. Plus most hunters, expecualky those after the most lightweight options, usually go SFP.