Tract Toric UHD 22-45x65 Spotting Scope Review, By Matt Cashell

Wrongside

WKR
Good review. My buddy purchased one of these shortly after they were introduced. It’s a great spotter for the money. We’ve compared his 65mm Tract with a couple different 85mm Razors on several occasions, and the Tract is much better optically. Resolution, contrast, color reduction and even low light. As Matt mentioned, it also has a very nice form factor for backpack use.

The Tract reticle eyepiece has a nice eyebox and performs well optically. Again, better than the Razors optically. Unfortunately Tract soiled the bed on the reticle design. It’s not nearly as good/useable as the Razors.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Good review. My buddy purchased one of these shortly after they were introduced. It’s a great spotter for the money. We’ve compared his 65mm Tract with a couple different 85mm Razors on several occasions, and the Tract is much better optically. Resolution, contrast, color reduction and even low light. As Matt mentioned, it also has a very nice form factor for backpack use.

The Tract reticle eyepiece has a nice eyebox and performs well optically. Again, better than the Razors optically. Unfortunately Tract soiled the bed on the reticle design. It’s not nearly as good/useable as the Razors.

Thanks for your input about the reticle.

I agree the Tract gets a lot of things right at a great price point.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
triforce