Tract Toric 8x42/10x42: Great Value?

I am upgrading my driver (golf) this year, but I also want to get a high value set of binos. I’ve owned alpha and near alpha binos and I find near alphas offer a lot for their price.

The Tract Torics seem to be one of the best performance to value bins on the market. Who runs the 8x42s and/or the 10x42s? Which do you prefer? I appreciate the help.

I’ve had the 10x42 for a couple years and have been quite happy with them. The diopter lock is little finicky but turning it is stiff enough that it’s not a big deal. I haven’t used alpha glass much been I’ve never felt these were lacking for my use. I had used Leupy BX-4 and Maven C-1 before and these are definitely better. I think you’d have to spend double what these go for to have any chance of beating them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JFK

WKR
I’ve got a pair of the 10x. They are nice. If I had a complaint, and it’s a very small one, it’s that the focus knob is very sensitive. You can move past the sweet spot easily if trying to focus quickly. Not a huge deal and might just be my problem. They are probably the best binos until you get to around $1000.

Wrongside

WKR
The Tract Torics seem to be one of the best performance to value bins on the market. Who runs the 8x42s and/or the 10x42s? Which do you prefer? I appreciate the help.
I’ve used the Tract 8x, 10x and 15x. They’re very good binos, especially for the price. I’ll probably get one of the 10x42 in the near future. Mostly to drop weight from my current main bino.

Motown

WKR
I’ve had a pair of the 8x42’s for about 4 years now and love them. Will probably pick up a pair of 10x42’s here shortly as well.

ropeup79

Lil-Rokslider
I have a set of the 12x50’s and have been impressed so far. Definitely a step above my BIL’s Vipers. The hinge started to get a little loose so I contacted Tract, they sent me an address, and I mailed it in. It came back good as new. I also had one of the harness buckles break and they sent me a new pair free of charge.

The Toric binoculars offer a lot of value. To me they are a bit of niche binocular in a very good price point. For just under $700 they offer great performance for those whose budgets just cannot stretch to that $1k or higher mark (and they compare well to many optics in that class). I’ve played with them at shows but haven’t done any extensive testing or field time. At first glance the optics appear quite crisp and bright. If one can stretch to a Zeiss Conquest HD I’d probably recommend that as it appears slightly more refined overall. But as a backup/travel glass or if one has a limited budget is a very good value.

texasbbq

Lil-Rokslider
I've owned both the 8x and 10x Torics. I agree with others that both are excellent binos for the price point.
But I have to say the 8x's absolutely stood out the most. The increased field of view and incredible brightness was really no comparison to the 10x's.

Hope this helps.

JGRaider

WKR
I agree on the 8x, I had mine in Namibia and my buddy had his 8x42 Conquest HD. Can't say there was a nickle's worth of difference between them according to people in camp, and myself and buddy. I do prefer a slower focus than the Conquest so I still prefer the Toric. YMMV, can't go wrong with either one.

texasbbq

Lil-Rokslider
How do they compare to Mavens????

how do they compare to zeiss conquest hds?
I also had both of these in 10x at the time I had the Torics and thought the Conquests weren't any better than the Torics but the Maven B1.2's were certainly all around better in clarity and color definition to both.

The 8x's Torics still were the brightest of this range BUT only in 8x. I'd still own the Maven B1.2 if I hadn't looked through Zeiss SFL's. My son and I do alot of backpack hunting and settled on the the SFL's because of size and weight savings. We couldn't tell any difference in optic quality between the SFL's and Mavens. He has the 10x and I have the 8x.

Hope this helps again.

PS. Don't look through a pair of Swaro NL's!

OP
General RE LEE
I also had both of these in 10x at the time I had the Torics and thought the Conquests weren't any better than the Torics but the Maven B1.2's were certainly all around better in clarity and color definition to both.

The 8x's Torics still were the brightest of this range BUT only in 8x. I'd still own the Maven B1.2 if I hadn't looked through Zeiss SFL's. My son and I do alot of backpack hunting and settled on the the SFL's because of size and weight savings. We couldn't tell any difference in optic quality between the SFL's and Mavens. He has the 10x and I have the 8x.

Hope this helps again.

PS. Don't look through a pair of Swaro NL's!

I’ve looked thought NLs and owned a pair of ELs and Victory SFs. Alpha glass is the best but they also hold their value pretty well. It’s easy to sell them off in the off season.

texasbbq

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve looked thought NLs and owned a pair of ELs and Victory SFs. Alpha glass is the best but they also hold their value pretty well. It’s easy to sell them off in the off season.
Very true but one has to stayed married as well!