Tract 2.5-15 or Zeiss V4 4-16 or VX-5

Rooggvc

WKR
You guys helped me figure out the scope for my upcoming 30 cal build which will be an NX8. Currently I need a scope for a 6.5 I am putting together. I have narrowed it down to the Tract 2.5-15x44 FFP Hunt Series or the Zeiss V4. Wanting something in the $1000 dollar range that will be reliable and track well. Will be hunting and target shooting with it so I will be dialing the turrets a lot. What are your guys thoughts between those?

OP
Rooggvc

Rooggvc

WKR
I will also throw the Vortex Razor LHT into that mix.

I have owned the LHT, several VX5HDs, and the V4. I would go trijicon credo or tenmile or nightforce shv in that price range.

I have never owned a tract, probably never will, so can’t help you there. If you are sold on one of the three you mentioned, the glass in the VX5HD is better than the others that I have used. I prefer the turrets on the V4, and the reticle on the LHT. None of them are super robust. The overall quality of the VX5HD and V4 seemed better than the LHT. The V4 glass had a bluish grayish tint to it.

I run an NX8 on my long range hunting rifle and just bought a tenmile 3-18x50 for my ultralight mountain rifle in 280AI.

Last edited:
OP
Rooggvc

Rooggvc

WKR
Definately not sold on the ones I mentioned. Just looking to maximize my money. The $1000 range is significantly more then I have ever spent on an optic. I hadn't looked into the Trijicon's before so I will do a little digging on those. Are you guys using the Credo or the Credo HX?

Definately not sold on the ones I mentioned. Just looking to maximize my money. The $1000 range is significantly more then I have ever spent on an optic. I hadn't looked into the Trijicon's before so I will do a little digging on those. Are you guys using the Credo or the Credo HX?
The HX is their “hunting” line. Really not much different than the non hx versions. I think the knurling on the turrets isn’t as aggressive. My tenmile is the hx version.

OP
Rooggvc

Rooggvc

WKR
So I found the Tenmile for a price I am willing to pay. Would you choose that over the Credo? From what I am seeing is the Tenmile a step up over the Credo?

So I found the Tenmile for a price I am willing to pay. Would you choose that over the Credo? From what I am seeing is the Tenmile a step up over the Credo?
I did some research on this and actually posted a thread here and on the hide to see what the difference is. There is also a podcast with trijicon execs that was linked on my thread on snipershide. The Tenmile is their top tier optic, better glass, better internals, its made for long range shooting/hunting. It comes with a sunshade and tenebraex scope caps. The credo is still really good, but the next tier down. The tenmile is also the one that passed the drop test here on rokslide. The credo drop test had some hiccups, but the review isn’t finished, so we are all staying tuned…you can read about them in the long range hunting section.

Here is my tenmile on my FFT 280AI.

BD0DADB6-1502-4359-8277-8C99E3B7D1C2.jpeg

OP
Rooggvc

Rooggvc

WKR
I did some research on this and actually posted a thread here and on the hide to see what the difference is. There is also a podcast with trijicon execs that was linked on my thread on snipershide. The Tenmile is their top tier optic, better glass, better internals, its made for long range shooting/hunting. It comes with a sunshade and tenebraex scope caps. The credo is still really good, but the next tier down. The tenmile is also the one that passed the drop test here on rokslide. The credo drop test had some hiccups, but the review isn’t finished, so we are all staying tuned…you can read about them in the long range hunting section.

Here is my tenmile on my FFT 280AI.

View attachment 439293
Thank you for that. I really appreciate your time.

OP
Rooggvc

Rooggvc

WKR
So I read the optics test on here and the information Predator Slayer mentioned regarding the Trijicon Tenmile. I was originally looking at an NX8 but I hesitate to drop that much coin which is why I mentioned the scopes at the beginning of this thread. Today I found a 3-18X50 MRAD SFP Tenmile that I can get for half the price of an NX8. From what I have read the Tenmile sounds dependable. My wife hates that I get discounted stuff because I usually settle. She thinks I should get the NX8. Is the NX8 reallly worth twice as much?