Torque insensitive bows

Sled

WKR
Who is making the most torque insensitive bow these days? Longer ATA, taller brace height, lower let off and stable limb pockets are great places to start but which company has nailed it with a great grip?

NXTZ

Lil-Rokslider
I just picked up a pse Evolve 33 ds. Obviously it’s a lot of personal preference, but my first thought when I picked the bow up was “dang, I really like this grip.” It’s a rubber grip insert recessed slightly into the handle, nice texture and flat back. I would say Prime has been my favorite grip, until I shot the pse, I like it that much.
I was shooting a vtm 34 and V3x previously, and I immediately felt like I was less torquey or “wiggly” at full draw with the evolve. It’s got a 7” brace, stock mods go down to 80% let off, and pse makes a low let off mod for the cam if you want less than 80%. There’s aftermarket draw stop options too that can really let you dial it in.
Given what you’re looking for, I’d highly suggest you try one out.

Taudisio

WKR
I just picked up a pse Evolve 33 ds. Obviously it’s a lot of personal preference, but my first thought when I picked the bow up was “dang, I really like this grip.” It’s a rubber grip insert recessed slightly into the handle, nice texture and flat back. I would say Prime has been my favorite grip, until I shot the pse, I like it that much.
I was shooting a vtm 34 and V3x previously, and I immediately felt like I was less torquey or “wiggly” at full draw with the evolve. It’s got a 7” brace, stock mods go down to 80% let off, and pse makes a low let off mod for the cam if you want less than 80%. There’s aftermarket draw stop options too that can really let you dial it in.
Given what you’re looking for, I’d highly suggest you try one out.
Personal preference for sure! I had a shoot off, while shopping, between -pse fortis 33, pse Mach 34 and bowtech ss34. I liked the fortis back wall, the Mach 34 was too jumpy, but I liked the bowtech grip the most. I bought the bowtech and have been absolutely happy with my decision. It’s the most forgiving bow I have shot extensively.

OP I suggest you watch some “podium archer” videos. I think he explains what specs give the most forgiveness. I don’t remember which video though. Reflex and Brace height IIRC

180ls1

WKR
Get one with a Defelex Riser, it probably wont be a "hunting" bow.

Bowtech Reckoning Gen 2 is 100% up your alley. Deflex riser, adjustable grip... there are others like the PSE Supra.

nphunter

WKR
My Mach 34 is very forgiving. I make a shot that feels like I executed poorly and still the arrow hits the spot. I don't shoot with a stabilizer and can stack arrows with the bow. I can constantly put them in a 10" circle at 120 yards. Compared to my RX4 I was shooting previously it's crazy how much easier arrows find the mark, it almost seems effortless.

fatlander

WKR
Hoyt’s newest grips really agree with me. Mathew’s grips are about the least repeatable of all for me. Bowtech has a wonderful grip. I like PSE off the riser, don’t care at all for the big rubber insert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dkime

WKR
Who is making the most torque insensitive bow these days? Longer ATA, taller brace height, lower let off and stable limb pockets are great places to start but which company has nailed it with a great grip?

No such thing as a torque insensitive bow, you’re going to need to look for a bow that is capable of being tuned regardless of what you’re CONSISTENTLY doing to it.

Also you could look at an OK Archery bows probably as close to your wish list as you’ll find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you tell me why? Or start another thread about it?
I'm curious on ease of tuning, your DL and the cam you chose, velocity?
Sure, it really comes down to the way the bow holds for me while maintaining decent speed with my hunting arrow, I’ve never had another bow aim as well as this one.(I’ve never had a true target bow). I’ve got this one set up the same way i set up all my hunting bows. The ez220 shim system is a breeze to tune, 2nd easiest I’ve used to Bowtechs deadlock. I’m a 28” draw length, 60lb bow and the bow currently has the se2 cam on it, so smooth I can shoot hundreds of arrows and my shoulder feels nothing. I am going to swap to the s2 cams once I find a set of low let off mods for them to pick up a little speed. I’ve read that with the LL mods the s2 on the shootdown isn’t much worse than se2. As far as speed I’ve never shot it through a chrono, but the black gold sight tapes have speed numbers on them. I don’t think they’re accurate necessarily but my 70lb levitate used the 290fps sight tape and my 60lb shootdown has the 280fps sight tape on it so I’m pretty happy with that. SE2 shootdown actually has a faster ibo speed than ec2 levitate with 4” more ata and 1” more brace.

ELKdeerMT

FNG
Any aftermarket grips you guys would recommend that would help with some of the torque sensitivity I experience with my VXR?

Any aftermarket grips you guys would recommend that would help with some of the torque sensitivity I experience with my VXR?

I use the now discontinued ultraview grip for the engage grip. It's got a little more high wrist to it, flat back. Haven't used the newer replacement of it.

Shrewd makes some nice grips as well.

Do you have tape on it? I don't get why people put something grippy on a bow, you need to have consistent placement, and something sticky will tend to grab your skin and push things around.

What rest do you have on it? The hunting bows from Mathews anymore I tend to need to get the rest right up against the riser.

I really struggle with torquing my grip. I’ve worked on it and worked on it but it’s the one thing I struggle to master. I’ve bought and sold a lot of bows because I like to have a lot of knowledge so I can know what I like and help out others. My Bowtech SS34 that I shoot now has been one of the best for me in this department. My number one favorite was the elite impulse 34 with the wood side plates (not the v grip) followed by the xpedition Denali. I think the impulse 34 is my all time favorite bow. The draw valley honestly has a decent hump but the stability and forgiveness with my hand torque makes it my favorite for sure.

SloppyJ

WKR
Don't get a VXR. I sold mine for a RX7 ultra and I'm happy with that. The absolute easiest shooting bow I've ever had and completely regret selling is a mathews no cam. They're slow but I could drop bombs at 100yds all day. It arched like a rainbow but looking back, I should have shot a lighter arrow to make up some speed.