Top shelf dehydrated meals?

wyojdubya

Lil-Rokslider
If you're culinarily inclined, you can always make something tasty that meets your nutrition preferences with bulk freeze dried ingredients. I went that route, and don't intend to buy prepared meals again any time soon.

dtrkyman

WKR
I just tried Peak for the first time on a back pack fishing trip, so much better than Mountain house it's ridiculous!

Only two I have tried.

bond111

FNG
I picked up some Trailtopia two days ago that I will be bringing along with me for archery opener in Missouri.

Back in July I tried one Peak Refuel, and random question, does dehydrated meals make anyone constipated? Or was that just a complete random unrelated issue? I ate that Peak meal and didn’t poop for just about 3 days…

mlgc20

WKR
This is how I rank the food companies I buy from:
  1. Packit Gourmet
  2. Outdoor Pantry
  3. Pinnacle Foods
  4. Peak Refuel

Last edited:
If you're culinarily inclined, you can always make something tasty that meets your nutrition preferences with bulk freeze dried ingredients. I went that route, and don't intend to buy prepared meals again any time soon.
Tell me more....

wyojdubya

Lil-Rokslider
Tell me more....
I shared one example here that's tailored to my preferences for when I need a big meal. I also make a chicken teriyaki bowl that's on the lighter side. Both cost around $8 and take all of 30 minutes to assemble 20 meals and seal the mylar bags.

The recipes weren't too tough to create. First time was just right for the teriyaki; third try on the fajita bowl. Shepherd's pie and a pasta dish are next on the recipe development to do list. I use a quart mason jar to test recipes.

I find the Nutristore meat and Auguson Farms vegetables to be far superior to what I've had from the big commercial backpacking meal brands.