Tool storage and moving

SWOHTR

WKR
Figured you all would have some good suggestions here. Background...

-I'm not a contractor, simply a homeowner.
-I move frequently due to my job.
-I have more tools than fit in the rolling toolbox, or should I say fit "well" in the rolling toolbox.

Question: What are the pros and cons to a Jobox vs rolling packout system for tool storage and moving?

In the box(es) would go power tools and other bulky equipment that doesn't fit well in the rolling toolbox. These tools would not need to be overly portable, i.e. they would not be spending time in a truck, van, or trailer. They live mostly in the garage. My two concerns are 1) security, esp. during a move with moving contractors handling them, and 2) physical protection, more than a flimsy cardboard box can provide.

While the packout systems seem nice, they also seem prohibitively expensive. The jobox on the other hand is more affordable but heavy and big.

What's your thoughts?

Weldor

WKR
Gangbox for sure, I put large casters on all mine. All large power tools fit nicely in a large gangbox (jobbox) Locks are pretty secure very difficult to get to and cut. I band all my toolboxs also. Last move used a POD . Looks like uncle sam will be paying the bill, do they offer insurance?

waitup

FNG
I also would think the jobbox on casters would work well. As secure as anything and not too awful to move as long as it doesn't need to go up or down stairs.

I've got one under my pole barn for my power hand tools, keeps em out of the
weather dust/rain better. And lockable.
Good stuff.

schmalzy

WKR
Agreed with above. Job box with casters and then maybe 2 pack outs; the box with wheels and then a crate or second box for top. You should be able store everything and still have a mobile set up for projects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
SWOHTR

SWOHTR

WKR
Awesome, thanks guys. I was leaning towards the gangbox but wanted to double check. Good stuff w/ putting it on wheels.

And yes, DOD moves are insured, and yes, I keep a roster of all my high value items.