Too much power?

Erict

WKR
Many of the posters would do well to learn a little more before posting opinions as facts. Try CURTILAGE for starters - it's an important concept in property RIGHTS and relative to some of the comments.

Wrench

WKR
Remember that while wardens do have special powers, so do you. If the agency is not correct, and your civil rights were violated....you have the right to return the favor and file a suit.

Marbury v Madison has been upheld about a zillion times.

hobbes

WKR
I watched the video yesterday. There's very likely more to the story and the video appeared to intentionally leave info out. The guy claimed to have killed one buck in NC and one buck in WV (or VA). I'm not saying that he didn't. Unless I misunderstood, the one piece of "evidence" that the video mentioned and showed appeared to be a game cam photo of one of the bucks he'd killed or at least a photo of a very similar looking buck. I can only assume if that was supposed to be evidence that the photo came from state X and hunter claimed to have killed it in state Y. Maybe that's not the case and it definitely appears to be an over reach but I'm struggling with believing warden jealousy. It wouldn't be the first time that someone jumped state lines to tag a deer.

I recall a KY hunter, in the 90s, killing a new KY bowhunting record that turned out to be an IL deer that he tagged as his KY deer.

problem with that is IMO the hunter checked his deer in after killing it, so why go through the trouble of doing it right with one but not the other? most poachers know they're poachers and do not follow any part of the law.
the biggest thing here is to know you're rights. realizing that no LEO has jurisdiction out of state would have prevented this. he did not know that, his taxidermist didn't know that and somehow NC GW didn't know that. and if there was question of a kill in NC the GW can easily bring K9 to the kill site and find a gut pile. hopefully this case goes further than just hush money.

49ereric

WKR

Saw this today and wanted to post for those who may be interested.
Good! Only way law enforcement will learn but never seems to stop some officers from infringing on the rights of people.

11boo

WKR
I think/hope most are good people. I did have our local one stop me on BLM land as I was coming out from target shooting. He had a pickup stopped, and was in the process of emptying it out. No idea what that was about, could have been guys shooting prairie dogs from the vehicle.

He flags me down as I‘m going by and asks me what I’m doing out there.

Me-Target shooting. See my steel back there?

Him-You have a hunting license?

Me- No, and I need to leave.

Him- K, thanks.

I am sure if I had said yes, I have a license my truck would have gotten more attention.

JMasson

Lil-Rokslider
Good! Only way law enforcement will learn but never seems to stop some officers from infringing on the rights of people.
Unfortunately, they don’t learn when there is a lawsuit and the taxpayers are the ones left paying the bill. I don’t agree with agree with the BLM talking points except for one…end qualified immunity and take the money to pay for their lawsuits from their pensions. That way they feel the sting and not the taxpayers of their state.

49ereric

WKR
Unfortunately, they don’t learn when there is a lawsuit and the taxpayers are the ones left paying the bill. I don’t agree with agree with the BLM talking points except for one…end qualified immunity and take the money to pay for their lawsuits from their pensions. That way they feel the sting and not the taxpayers of their state.
Pension fund goes broke the taxpayer will still pay.