Tok Air Service

TheWhitetailNut

Lil-Rokslider
We are booked and set to fly out on the 16th of September with Tok Air Service! We are all super excited, we also have a red cliff and large Uturn stove that we will be bringing, not sure what to expect weather wise but we are all prepared! How likely is snow in that area? I know it could snow in august but is it just a freak occurrence to get snow or is it a good possibility in mid September to see snow in that area then?
Good luck and I shall deliver a barrage of questions mid October.

Whip

WKR
How likely is snow in that area? I know it could snow in august but is it just a freak occurrence to get snow or is it a good possibility in mid September to see snow in that area then?
Last half of Sept out of Tok snow is very possible. You'll very likely have overnight temps below freezing at least some nights, and I'd certainly be prepared for the possibly of substantially colder than that. Extreme winds are also possible. A few years ago we had 3 solid days of 50-60 mph sustained winds. You might get lucky and have beautiful weather. But interior AK in Sept can also be no joke. Be prepared for it all, and also be prepared to be stuck longer than planned if weather doesn't allow them to fly on your scheduled pick up. It's not uncommon for guys to be stranded multiple days beyond what was planned. It's all part of what makes Alaska the adventure it is!