Toilet Paper Waterproofing

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Cell Phone I alway use Lifeproof case so thats waterproof. For toilet paper in the field I always take this small travel packs of tissue paper. The kind you'd take with you in your EDC bag. They are just easier to pack and can take more then just throwing a roll of toilet paper. Client Validation Those.

I put them in a Freezer bag that has the little plastic clasp to close. They work better for me. I don't have any issues. A pack of 3 of them also fits nicely in the Kifaru chamber pocket side by side.

colonel00

WKR
^^^this. So much better than regular TP. Plus, you can use them for some hygiene cleaning as well. Some folks will dry them out to reduce weight.

Ranger619

WKR
I use Loksak waterproof zip locks. They are durable and pliable. I have used some of them for at least 4 hunts.

I find paper towels to be best. If they get wet, they will dry without falling apart. Then finish the job with an individual wet one. Reduces issues. Still use the the Ziploc bag tho.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I use Loksak waterproof zip locks. They are durable and pliable. I have used some of them for at least 4 hunts.

Thanks for throwing this out there. I didn't know about these and have been looking for something like this.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Instead of nice water proof pull outs, I ziplok then put in a cheap soft pencil case. For my phone thats why I have a Samsung with a degree of water resistance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

2ski

WKR
I find paper towels to be best. If they get wet, they will dry without falling apart. Then finish the job with an individual wet one. Reduces issues. Still use the the Ziploc bag tho.

What are you doing with the paper towels? I hope you're burning them, since they don't break down like TP. If you are leaving them in the woods, personally I would consider that littering.

xziang

WKR
I just keep TP in a frozen zip lock bag and works fine. At home once a roll is down to 1/4 or so I'll then remove it and that'll become my hunting/pack roll. I will also have another bag with wetwipes in it too.

What are you doing with the paper towels? I hope you're burning them, since they don't break down like TP. If you are leaving them in the woods, personally I would consider that littering.

I had read that standard paper towels biodegrade faster than average toilet paper.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
For TP I take a roll that has been partially used up so I'm not carrying a ridiculous wad of TP. I wrap the outside circumference in packing tape, flatten it and rip out the tube, cover the bottom with some cling wrap that I tape on (use something that doesn't stick to the bottom between the tape) and just feed out of the roll from the center. I drop this into a ziplock to keep it really dry but during normal usage its nice that I can just set it on the ground next to me and the use surface isn't getting wet/dirty/etc. I've been using the same ziplock bag for some time now (buy freezer ones). I'm sure if I held it under water it might leak but considering its tucked into my pack its doing just fine.

Pre-hunt ritual: I sit down and hand roll enough tp to do one um.....job. I pop it in a ziplock snack bag. Repeat x enough of them to get me through my hunt. Put them all in a single bag and squeeze out all the air. I put 2 'snack bags' in my pack and replace one when it's gone. Burn the tp after use. I generally keep one full roll of tp in camp for camp use.

For the record, nothing is as good as No-Rinse Bath Wipes when the real stank takes hold.

todde1792

FNG
I take the amount I will need for the particular outing and put it in my cook-pot with the burner. Keeps dry, clean, and lessens the amount of banging the burner does inside the pot.

Ranger619

WKR
What size will a full roll fit in? Or, what size do you use?

I am not sure, I use the Coleman camping rolls which are small. I bought a 4 pack of various sizes and the 12x12 inch is big enough for almost 3 rolls. I just tried it. The other sizes are too small and they are 6x9 inch and smaller. They work well for sat phones and cell phones.