Toddler Walking Harness

treillw

WKR
Went for a little hike last night with our 16 month old. She wanted to walk the entire time. Lots of stumbling and slipping on the uneven terrain. Thinking a little harness would be good for her to keep her from falling. Any other good ideas? She refused to hold hands after a little while and my back was starting to refuse to want to bend over constantly as well.

Thanks!

Walking Aid, Breathable Standing Walking Learning Helper Walker For Kids, Toddler  Foot Assistant, Adjustable With Safety Clasp Safety Leashes (green) |  Fruugo NO

bpa556

FNG
I don’t recommend a harness. It’s a bigger pain than it’s worth.

Wear one of those baby carrying backpacks. Let her hike on her own until she tires out. Stick her in the papoose and she’ll crash while y’all finish your hike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
A good harness can be worth it. With my oldest, she needed one and it was really nice in situations were falling could result in injury/death but she wanted to walk. Never used it with my youngest.

Most of what you see sold is junk. I got one from Elaine at https://www.childharness.ca/specialneedsharness.html

I got one with two sets of straps under the arms and I could pick her up with out without an issue, which made me feel comfortable letting her walk along the side of the ferry or on trails with drop offs.

Packs are great, but if you have the time and she wants to walk, let her.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
A good harness can be worth it. With my oldest, she needed one and it was really nice in situations were falling could result in injury/death but she wanted to walk. Never used it with my youngest.

Most of what you see sold is junk. I got one from Elaine at https://www.childharness.ca/specialneedsharness.html

I got one with two sets of straps under the arms and I could pick her up with out without an issue, which made me feel comfortable letting her walk along the side of the ferry or on trails with drop offs.

Packs are great, but if you have the time and she wants to walk, let her.

Looks like she's retiring. Any other ideas?

Rich M

WKR
I’d rather see a kid on a leash (i wore one 50+ yrs ago) than just letting your little monsters run loose.

Nuthing wrong w a walking harness for lil ones either, save yer back - worth every penny. Kids will be running loose soon tho.

schmalzy

WKR
I don’t recommend a harness. It’s a bigger pain than it’s worth.

Wear one of those baby carrying backpacks. Let her hike on her own until she tires out. Stick her in the papoose and she’ll crash while y’all finish your hike.

Had great experience doing this. My boys loved it. Some of my best memories and pictures have one of them riding in pack smiling.