Tired of the Pigeons

BigNate

Lil-Rokslider
At work we actually paid a pest control co. to put out some hallucinogenic corn. A few overdosed, many staggered around a while. Survivors stayed gone.
Started doing it every other spring. New generation of birds don't know about the bad trips I suppose.

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
The pigeon shooters here use these with cracked corn to recatch their missed birds.

My understanding is finding live wild pigeons in steady supply is difficult.

Domesticated birds are unsuitable for these purposes.

1711464454187.png

Blake_08

FNG
if you shoot the first couple of ones, that show up . they stop showing up.
I agree with this. I had 6 roosting in my car port roof. I shot 2 with a shotgun one evening and the other 4 never showed back up. I realize this would be hard to do in a residential area though.

MThuntr

WKR
air rifle or suppressed 22 with low velocity ammo both just go pop. Of course a 22lr will have enough juice to damage things other than a pigeon so be picky with shots.

Obviously a trap is the safest option for a residential area.

You could find a falconer group to come make the place inhospitable for the pigeons.

stonewall

WKR
I used to go out at night in high school to catch pigeons for dog training. Dip net on pvc pipe. Bright flashlight. Show barns. Downtown alleys. Overpass. Cops were cool about it. Small town. Used live traps at the feed store. Was a lot of fun actually

NRA4LIFE

WKR
My grandparents farm was overrun with them. Between my brothers and I and a few cousins, we shot thousands of them over the years. They just kept coming too. There was no end to them until they stopped farming.

Good luck, they are a difficult pest to eliminate.

Chase0109

FNG
A couple people have suggested, falconers, or professional falconers, a.k.a. Falconry Abatement services. That is what I do for a living and run my own company (Sky Predators) getting rid of Bird problems for large corporations using falcons.
Unfortunately, we don’t do work for residential clients. I mean I would, but it’s always cost prohibitive. For example, I am currently working a job at Space X right now keeping grackles away from production areas using trained falcons.

You would really have to hate those pigeons to pay what I’d have to charge to get rid of them with Falcons lol.

I get calls all the time from customers about pigeons. I always tell them the same thing. Shooting is going to be the quickest, and most efficient means of solving the problem. Following that trapping or medicated corn will work as well. The problem with pigeons is once they establish a location they do not want to leave.

So shoot them, or trap them. But they are not going to leave voluntarily.

Chase

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
When I was a kid I would shoot pigeons by the dozen some days with my pellet rifle. They aren't the sharpest tools in the shed when it comes to that.

Knowing them the problem is not going to take care of it self.
I also have a similar issue and sure have housed 3 generations of them in about a five year period cause the just wouldn’t leave)

TaperPin

WKR
On early morning there was a bit of fog - really made the trees seem mysterious. An hour or so later I see my wife tip toeing across the deck with a camera like she was Karamojo Bell sneaking up on elephants. I open the slider and she says to keep back there’s a very special bird in the tree. Sure enough, she photographed the crap out of it and tip toed back in the house.

I couldn’t keep from laughing as she showed me the first image - she still gets pissed I didn’t tell her the neighbor put a fake owl in the tree. Lol

ihookem

FNG
My son in law grew up in Lebanon and loves pigeons.. He said If I shoot them and clean them, he will show me how he cooks them... I am i Jamaica visiting them now and the fishing guide said he really likes them too.