Tipping In Newfoundland

Guys-

I know tipping has been beaten to death and I am not asking about amounts but on currency. We are going to Newfoundland next month for a moose hunt. For those of you that have gone before should we tip in Canadian currency or do they prefer US dollars?
Thanks you for the help.

Racer00

FNG
My trip in ‘21 we tipped in USD. I think either is fine and they can easily spend or convert US $$$.

Everyone, everywhere, prefers American currency. I've hunted in Newfoundland many times. I never had any Canadian currency with me. Outfitters and others will do a quick conversion for you. However, the conversion rate isn't universal, and some retailers will make money on the conversion.

Not all guides in Newfoundland are even Canadian so most everyone would rather have American money for their tip.

medvedyt

Lil-Rokslider
when i guided in northern quebec most of our clients were us americans and tipped in us dollars and our peso was on par; i cant imagine today someone declining some us currency lol ...

OP
B
Thanks for the replys. I figured USD would be accepted just wante to makseure what was prefered. I never thought about some guides not being from Canada either.

keller

WKR
Us for tipping. Take Canadian for butcher and buying things most places will not do conversion on us dollars. And you will end up paying alot more not everywhere accepts cards.