Tipped Fusion vs Terminal Ascent

BigThig09

FNG
Just a hypothetical here…

If you had a 7mm PRC that shot both the Federal Tipped Fusion and Terminal Ascent into tiny little identical groups, which bullet would YOU choose for elk and mule deer in Colorado to 600 yards? @Formidilosus i know you speak well of the Fusion bullet and I’m a fan as well, but I see people rave about the TA also. Not really sure you’d go wrong with either but wanted opinions of the hive.

Thanks!

hiker270

WKR
Terminal Ascent all day. Frontal lead bullet with a solid copper shank so it expands reliably but the shank stays intact . Tipped Fusion is a non bonded lead bullet realistically designed for medium size game. Would it kill an elk sure but the T/A is a tougher bullet.

I shot the terminal ascent last year and I switched to tipped fusion this year for my elk hunt. TA groups well and dives deep, but has no fragmentation. All the deer I shot with them last year had small entrance and small exits.

The tipped fusion gives some violent explosion like an eld-m. The fused core continues to dive deep. I had great results on my elk.

Two tipped fusion entrance side in elk.

IMG_5337.jpeg

Bonded shank found in offside hide.

IMG_5323.jpeg