Tip suggestion: seated shots?

OP
S

SDHNTR

WKR
I like to hear how others figure their load. I have learned a lot.

Here, looks like the difference is personal preference for how we hunt, cause I leave my bipod and spotter at home. Always tradeoffs.

Ultimately, we are at about the same total weight.
You’re exactly right. It’s personal preference. We do arrive at probably the same weight if I eliminated my spotter, but it’s a requirement for me. I’d rather shoot shorter and know exactly what I’m shooting at with my spotter, than be able to shoot longer but without having the spotter.

I keep looking for something better for the way I hunt, but without a personal Sherpa, I haven’t found it yet.

Wright406

WKR
+1 for what @Formidilosus said. Using the tripod rear for seated utilizing it as support with use of my hand and the leg is primary. My wife who isn’t an avid shooter like myself just dropped her antelope last weekend using both our packs with a fully extended/heightened single pull Ckyepod and tripod rear to gain height. Simultaneously, I was using the tripod to range targets via Kilo 10k gen 2s above grass line. She made a perfect shot at 475 yards. I would recommend when hunting is slow to tinker with all your gear in different orientations and practice. Also, I’ve shot a 300wsm off a 2.2lb glassing tripod setup. Is it ideal? No. Can it work with proper fundamentals? Yes. You’re only as good as the knowledge of your own gear. Good luck!

Attachments

• IMG_4229.jpeg
    IMG_4229.jpeg
    414.7 KB · Views: 0