Time to go

Bulldawg

WKR
K Bye,

This may be my last post, poss. one or two more but all in all i'm leaving Rockslide forums. Having too many differences of opinions with the majority of guys here is not good for me or you guys. Not leaving with any hard feelings toward anyone and have enjoyed my time here. Hope you guys have a great season this yr. get the biggest buck elk or any other game your hunting.

Thanks for all the good times here

Gordon

Smithb9841

Lil-Rokslider
Strange, I'm on several forums and have always thought this one was the most polite and respectable one out there. That being said I don't spend much time in the general discussion forum, usually just the gear ones.

That’s what I was thinking too. Even people’s disagreements I’ve seen on here have been
Pretty mild compared to other forums lol

Adam B

FNG
AT is 1000 times worse. Maybe I am not on here enough but i hardly ever see flat out fighting or anything like that I told many people this forum is the most civilized place on the internet

Billinsd

WKR
I think this forum has many more moderate/liberal leaning folks than any other hunting site I've seen. There are far fewer conservatives here. That can be uncomfortable for some, it is for me at times. At the same time I agree that people seem to be much more polite/respectful than other hunting sites. There are quite a few on here that I don't agree with much on political issues, but I still respect them. The Discussion forum is where all the back and forth is. The other forums are pure gold for information!!! Bill

Randle

WKR
As stated above this site is pretty tame compared to most, I believe it is all the moderators here. This is their passion and most members know they need to tow the line or a thread will be locked or member hammer dropped.

fbb3d2265389b107a5c773438eefdfb5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Olbadae

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t been a huge contributor to this forum, but I’ve found it to be a great informational resource with very little sniping.
I’m sorry to hear this has been a problem for others and will do my best to keep this forum the best on the net for western hunting.
Thanks to rockslide for all the help over the years!

CorbLand

WKR
Strange, I'm on several forums and have always thought this one was the most polite and respectable one out there. That being said I don't spend much time in the general discussion forum, usually just the gear ones.

I was thinking the same thing. If this is the worst forum you have seen you need to venture around the internet.

I also cannot quite figure out this whole narrative that some have on here that this forum is more liberal/left leaning.

mtmuley

WKR
No way to find a forum where every member aligns with your feelings and beliefs. It's give and take and sometimes a pissing match. The internet is a shitty place sometimes. You just have to pick your battles. And, usually a pm or two can clear things up if there is a problem. mtmuley

Calcoyote

FNG
I am a new member here but am a longtime member of 3-4 other hunting forums. The lesson I have learned over the years is if someone strongly disagrees with me I just don't engage. It takes two to tango. There have been times that I feel I could have easily one the dabate but I am just not interested in that. In the rare occasions when I have been opposed on a forum I just respond by thanking the poster for their opinion and tell them that while I do not agree I just dont want to debate. I then move onto a different thread.

There are enough decent and polite people here that you can afford to ignore or walk away from those who frequently engage in sharp-tongued exchanges. There are a few guys on here who I routinely tune out due to their semi-aggressive posturing. No big deal....just avoid the mud wrestling.

Shrek

WKR
This may be my last post, poss. one or two more but all in all i'm leaving Rockslide forums. Having too many differences of opinions with the majority of guys here is not good for me or you guys. Not leaving with any hard feelings toward anyone and have enjoyed my time here. Hope you guys have a great season this yr. get the biggest buck elk or any other game your hunting.

Thanks for all the good times here

Gordon
The internet is like middle school. There’s clicks and petty mean spirited squabbling every day all day. You gotta fight for your place in your click and the clicks gotta fight for their positions. Middle school is life unrefined. Don’t let life run you into a dark corner ! If someone offends you clinch your internet fist and punch them in the mouth ! There’s no place to go but a dark lonely corner alone if you’re not willing to stand and fight.

Last edited:

ChrisAU

WKR

This, all day. This is an extremely docile corner of the internet.

If your not enjoying being here then you probably should spend your time doing something you do enjoy. Im on a few forums and this place is pretty tame. I don't share everyones opinion but nor will I argue with them or let them expressing their opinion ruin my day or the enjoyment I get from reading and learning here. I state my peace and move along.

Billinsd

WKR
I also cannot quite figure out this whole narrative that some have on here that this forum is more liberal/left leaning.
Compared to other hunting sites like Monster Muleys, and the Bowsite it is, isn't it? It took me a while to get used to the discussion forums. Usually the majority are pretty solidly Conservative with a couple trolling them. Other sites, are typically very conservative. I'm talking about issues like the NRA, BHA, American Presidents, Pot, Conservation, Popular hunters, hunting shows, conservation, hunting regulations, and fair chase. There is a decided liberal side and conservative side on many issues to me. It's usually not a problem, and I respectfully agree to disagree with some here. I can't think of anyone I always agree with or disagree with, though. I think there is a generation gap as well. I'm on here, Monster Muley's, and the Bowsite. I'm here on the discussion forum and read the Bowsite. The Bowsite is extremely conservative, isn't it? Bill

Last edited:
I always thought bowsite was tame too. I just hit the elk hunting and state forums there. I am on several Jeep forums. One is pretty tame overall, but the other, better not disagree with the owner or his lackeys. I go there just to watch the fireworks occasionally.

This forum is tame to me as well.