Time is up and I left him on the mountain.

OutdoorAg

WKR
100% a W on your hunt.

I feel the same when I pass a bunch of 2-3yo deer in search of a mature buck. The drive home with the empty cooler kinda sucks, but it feels good to have left the mountain with some respect for the elusive ones.

Slick8

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for sharing your story and pics. That's about the best hunt one can hope for without actually punching a tag.

CoHiCntry

WKR
I’m getting confused, is it a Hammer or a Slammer? Either way, nice buck & looks like you had a memorable trip.

OP
O

Okie-hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Guys, this story may not be over just yet… I’m hopeful I can get Friday off work. IF I can make that happen I’m giving this buck 1 more run for his money. Would leave Thursday afternoon & drive through the night to hunt Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning.

At least you saw the kind of buck you were after. I've had more then one hunt where I didn't even lay eyes on the size of animal I was after. Very nice pictures! That's a really nice buck!

CC11

Lil-Rokslider
Even if you can't get Friday off, I'd be leaving right after work and giving it hell Saturday and Sunday!

Lowedown

FNG
You're hooked now ;) that's definitely in the win column for hunt experiences! Awesome country, you saw diverse wild game, and thankfully didn't get smacked by the danger noodle! Thanks for sharing and good luck next season!

Guys, this story may not be over just yet… I’m hopeful I can get Friday off work. IF I can make that happen I’m giving this buck 1 more run for his money. Would leave Thursday afternoon & drive through the night to hunt Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning.
Good! Go kill that deer

Mish-pop

Lil-Rokslider
I really hope you can get back and get another crack at him!! You won't regret the extra time on the mountain!! And awesome experience you had it looks like