Tikka vs. CZ 600

SIR_34:16

FNG
There is a consensus that the Tikka is preferred over a Howa. I was in my lgs a while back and saw a CZ 600 on the rack. The action felt about halfway between the Howa and Tikka in terms of smoothness/quality. The CZ has a lot of preferred features that come standard: vertical grip, parallel comb, oversized bolt knob, integral pic rail, adjustable trigger, threaded barrel, and a DM that gives you the option to lock it in place.

I've read and watched the online reviews, but does anyone have real world in the field experience with one? It seems these can be found for a few hundred $ less than a Tikka at the present time.

wyogoat

WKR
Watching. Kygunco had a sweet deal on these if anyone can offer some true feedback.

Last edited:

letrbuck

WKR
I took a leap on one in 223 when Eurooptic had them on sale. Hasn't shipped yet but anxious to start playing with it. Pre recall I think they were an awesome concept... I hope extra barrels get sorted out by someone now that CZ won't offer them or bolt heads ro Joe Schmos

blazingangel09

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered one on the KY Gun Co sale to use as a testing rig and loaner gun. I'll report back when I have it in hand. I don't have a Tikka for comparison though.

wyogoat

WKR
I ordered one on the KY Gun Co sale to use as a testing rig and loaner gun. I'll report back when I have it in hand. I don't have a Tikka for comparison though.
I did the same thing. I have a 308 on the way and I do have a Tikka 308, which I’m planning on turning into a 6mm CM. Not sure when I will get it to the range but will update when I do.

171farm

Lil-Rokslider
With the KY Gun Co deal, Id have to think the CZ at $399 is going to be hard to beat. I havent handled one but Id want to think its probably not as "nice" as Tikka...that is if you have bought into the Tikka hype but the CZ is about half the price. If KY Gun Co offered the 6.5 PRC or the 6mm creedmoor I would buy one for sure.

Donjuan

WKR
Any updates? I bought a 6cm on gunbroker for $460 [will be 360 after rebate]. I'll share my opinions when I can

I have a 600 in .308, bought it at full price when it was released and feel like it was a good deal.

$400 is a steal in my opinion, i am happy with mine.

I took a leap on one in 223 when Eurooptic had them on sale. Hasn't shipped yet but anxious to start playing with it. Pre recall I think they were an awesome concept... I hope extra barrels get sorted out by someone now that CZ won't offer them or bolt heads ro Joe Schmos

I did the same thing. I have a 308 on the way and I do have a Tikka 308, which I’m planning on turning into a 6mm CM. Not sure when I will get it to the range but will update when I do.
Update?

wyogoat

WKR
I think it’s a nice rifle as far as fit and stock ergonomics go and the trigger is great.
I haven’t shot mine yet. Still figuring out what scope to put on it which involves some scope roulette around the house.
It points great and I have not put a square or level on it but it seems the stock does have a negative angle to it, which seems to be a thing I’ve heard somewhere…
I just got the rebate yesterday so that part takes about three weeks for anyone wondering…but it did come.

blazingangel09

Lil-Rokslider
Fit and finish are pretty good on the one I have: nice palm swell and good feel in the semi vertical grip. The forend is standard flexible plastic so I added some material to stiffen it and also epoxy bedded the action. The quick-change barrel is held in place with 3 screws; all 3 are visibly secured with red locktite to make it obvious if they are removed.
All of my shooting was with AAC Sabre Black Tip (first time trying) ammo for a scope test with the following groups.
1st 11 shots from the rifle (1 bore sight + 10 zero group)
Subsequent groups opened up somewhat but the system was put through a version of Form's scope evaluation.
During the 36 inch drops, one of the textured panels on the side of the stock popped out but was popped back in.
Overall, I think it's a steal for the $400 after rebate.
1000003597.jpg1000003576.jpg

letrbuck

WKR
I've only shot mine once so far, but was quickly shooting steel out to 600 with it. Accuracy was great with cheap fmjs, trigger is quite nice. I just need to re-mount the trijicon before the next outing. Brass was hitting the windage knob and bouncing back in.

The locking magazine is a nice feature. And top loads as good as any bdl when locked down. I slightly regret not buying one in 308 as well as a knock around truck gun when eurooptic had them so cheap.

Be nice if CZ comes back with the ergo stock for it, although the factory one is quite comfortable

blazingangel09

Lil-Rokslider
Fit and finish are pretty good on the one I have: nice palm swell and good feel in the semi vertical grip. The forend is standard flexible plastic so I added some material to stiffen it and also epoxy bedded the action. The quick-change barrel is held in place with 3 screws; all 3 are visibly secured with red locktite to make it obvious if they are removed.
All of my shooting was with AAC Sabre Black Tip (first time trying) ammo for a scope test with the following groups.
1st 11 shots from the rifle (1 bore sight + 10 zero group)
Subsequent groups opened up somewhat but the system was put through a version of Form's scope evaluation.
During the 36 inch drops, one of the textured panels on the side of the stock popped out but was popped back in.
Overall, I think it's a steal for the $400 after rebate.
View attachment 647960View attachment 647947

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231229-153543~2.png
    Screenshot_20231229-153543~2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20231229-153554~2.png
    Screenshot_20231229-153554~2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 17

blazingangel09

Lil-Rokslider
Additional shooting with the AAC Sabre Black Tip (first pic) shows that the groups have opened considerably indicating some inconsistent performance with this ammo. Worth noting that right after this group was shot my -in-law harvested a doe at 291 with this ammo.
A 5 shot group with Hornady Black is probably more representative of what the rifle is capable of.