Tikka vertical grip

mt100gr.

WKR
I have the T3x CTR with the vertical grip and I definitely prefer it to the swept back, more traditional rifle grip. If my other t3's had the option, I would change them out for vertical grips in a second.

BAKPAKR

WKR
I just put a vertical soft touch grip on my T3x SL. I really like how it positions my hand. It is quite a bit beefier, too.

3924EA08-8C7E-456C-925D-E4E7EA418094.jpeg

I use them on all my Tikkas with the factory stock. I love them. For me they feel great whether prone or standing.

Got mine off optics planet, or euro optic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use one as well. I also bought the forend. I like the grip. The forend I am not sure. Both add a few oz to the rifle. I think the grip feels better.

The forend feels nice in the hand and helps with roll but I don’t think it adds much shooting off any rest.

FlyingScot

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone changed there grip on a Tikka T3x to the vertical one? What do you think of it?

Put the vertical grip on mine, love it. With that done, I like the stock stock much more than I was prepared to.

img_2696-jpg.94642

Last edited:

lintond

WKR
I switched out mine as well and have been happy with the vertical grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlyingScot

Lil-Rokslider
Paint, I presume, it's how the Superlites come when you purchase them from Cabela's/Bass Pro instead of SW. Believe the pattern is called Cabela's O2 Octane.

My T3 still wears a factory stock and I have had no issues with it. Im not familiar with the Savage, but I would guess it is a little more solid than the standard Remington synthetic stock. If the stock is your main concern, there are some aftermarket replacements. The only modifications to mine have been a limbsaver pad, paint, and free floating the barrel. I probably would have done those things to any stock though. Mine is a real shooter.

Dogman-K

FNG
I don’t know if mine was from a bad production run or not but mine does not fit my T3X. Later, I found several others on this site had similar issues. Beware, once you open the package and try it, you are most likely stuck with it. I have yet to find a vendor who will accept returns for it and for4955681C-D23A-4640-A7F8-7116E4C8A8CA.jpeg this reason, I am not inclined to try another one.