Tikka trigger piece came off safety?

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider
I was switching stocks today on my t3 and went to put it in a krg bravo and my safety didn’t full go on the safe position. Took it out of the stock again and saw this little piece fall out. Looks like it’s for the safety so it doesn’t come out of trigger mech. Has this happened to anyone before? I tried putting it back on but it’s pretty damn hard and don’t want to force it to much. Any recommendations?
IMG_5514.jpeg
IMG_5515.png

shader112

WKR
Could you use a small punch and shove it in to spread it apart to slide over the pin? Or regular snap ring pliers might work if you have them

Wapiti1

WKR
Use a pair of flat nose pliers with good square tips to slide it on from the side like any other c-clip. Be very wary of it slipping and launching itself across the room. I usually do this inside a gallon plastic bag to catch it.

Can also be done with a flat screwdriver, but I have more control with the pliers.

Make sure the pin is fully out and the groove is fully exposed for the clip to seat in.

Jeremy

The Guide

WKR
I dealt with this just last weekend when changing barrels. Since there is no groove to go into and I know that those like to disappear if they get ejected from the shaft, I used a small socket to back press it on. Find a small 1/4" drive socket that just fits over the black shaft and put the clip on it while the socket is on a table. Press the shaft onto clip and slide it up to the silver plate. This was way easier than trying to use c-clip pliers or anything else.

Jay

OP
Bc45

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider
I dealt with this on T3 last week and there was no groove on the shaft.

Jay
At first I didn’t see the groove, but on my t3 there actually was a small grove for it to go on. I did buy this gun used so maybe someone change it from the old t3.