Tikka T3X Upgrades

3010f950bc4530786483e6ab3ba3d4b9.jpg

18" into the flutes. 1/2x28 thread. Ran this on my 300win mag too.

What would you suggest?

What interests you?

Imo, get something fun. Be it an awesome LPVO or rifle that’s…different. You are already over-scoped/gunned for your situation.

For sub-200yds I’m a fan of driven game designs. Straight pull rifles are interesting to me and fun. But there’s various other rifle designs that are attractive.

It’s your money and your taste. But your setup to 200yds is fine unless it’s lacking in close.

That’s a good rifle that you don’t need to fuss with honestly.

Ditch the scope, buy some UM Tikka rings, get a good quality scope that lasts, and follow @Formidilosus scope and action mounting system.

For scopes I can personally reccomend a few in very different price points. If I’m being honest, for whitetail and the yardages you mentioned… I’d buy a SWFA Fixed 6 and go practice with it. That’s what my wife uses on her Tikka .243 and she’s a whitetail slayer with that scope and rifle combo!

6x is fine for 200yds, but sucks for close engagement. FOV.

Is there a scope you would suggest?
For that application I’d probably look at nightforce shv 3-10 or on the affordable side a meopta 2-10.

Agree that chop/thread/suppressor would probably be my preferred first upgrade though.

The Vortex PST iI 3-15 is great but 2-10 would be really good as well, and can be bought for $650 or so, and you really don't need more mag for <200 yds. The Athlon Helos 2-12 is ~$400 and has a great FFP reticle for hunting. Lots of options though.

For that application I’d probably look at nightforce shv 3-10 or on the affordable side a meopta 2-10.

Agree that chop/thread/suppressor would probably be my preferred first upgrade though.
Is there a suppressor you would recommend?

I would buy a pile of ammo and shoot that thing first. I have swapped out stocks and trigger springs on all my Tikkas but they shot just fine stock. Both those upgrades were wants, not needs. Practice in your hunting applications in the woods from close to 200 yards and see what you think before chasing your tail and swapping stuff out.

Is there a scope you would suggest?

Most will be afraid to suggest anything that hasn’t been tested by Form. However, there hasn’t been much tested that makes sense, specific to your needs (200yds and in).

The wave of opinion is that Nightforce, Trijicon, and (perhaps) Schmidt Bender are reliable. They have options that make sense for your ranges.

I wouldn’t limit myself to these brands, but there are some great options in those lineups.

Trigger spring. $10.00. Instantly improved my T3X. Stupidly easy install.
Mounts and rings - try the UM or go with NF/Warne MT
Scope as mentioned
Then figure out which ammo it likes and buy 1000 rds.

I’ve been in same situation and will decide on my ammo brand/gr after this weekend. Be afraid of the man with only 1 gun. Odds are he knows how to shoot it very well.

What’s this trigger spring upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back