Tikka T3x Superlite SS 30-06 (Optic needed)

I’m a long time lurker here but just made the plunge to create an account. I went down a longggg rabbit hole with many optics and many rifles before ending up with what I have now. Started with weatherby vanguard with a Nikon scope then went on to a Ruger Hawkeye with a leupold scope. After jumping on here I saw tikka was the go to so I sold the Ruger and grabbed a Tikka T3x Superlite in 30-06 (versatility and ease of ammo was my reasoning), some talley rings, and a leupold 2.5-8x36. After researching on here I see leupold is not encouraged so now I’m probably going to sell my leupold and look for something else. I ordered some UM Tikka rings 30mm lows but now can’t decide on an optic. SWFA is unobtainable atm and according to their customer service they have no clue when they will be. After reading forms scope reviews I’m down to these

CREDO HX 2.5-15x42
ACCUPOINT 2.5-12.5x42
NF SHV 3-10x42
MAVEN RS1.2

I’m usually a Kentucky windage type of guy so I don’t dial. Most my shots are within 100 yards so low end is most important to me. I do hope to chase Coues Deer, Mule deer, pronghorn (GF family is from AZ)and Elk at some point in the future though. Right now I’m just chasing Kentucky Whitetail.

I think my rifle has me covered for all lower 48 hunting. I just want bomb proof reliability in an optic because first and foremost it’s an aiming device. Thanks to you all I now know this. What’s the point of amazing glass if it can’t hold zero. Thanks for your time!

Rich M

WKR
If yer leupold holds zero, yer gonna change it cause some dude online said something?

Sit back and analyze this some more. When you gonna head out west? Save your money for now and enjoy the hunt instead of worrying about stuff that likely doesnt need to be worried about.

In your shoes id be taking my ruger m77/357 w 4x bushnell banner scope deer hunting. It is excellent inside 100 yards on WT deer.

Fwiw i had a vx3i that was less than i wanted but have a vx2 that is bomb-proof. Also had a leica er that was wonderful optically but couldnt handle the recoil of my 3006 m 70. Am using bushnell and vortex and leupold these days. And if i drop my gun, will check the zero…

pharmfisher

Lil-Rokslider
I have an accupoint and an shv. I like both, but I think I would honestly be worried about getting scoped with an shv on a light weight 30/06. The eye relief is just kind of short. I wouldn't want to have to put my eye any closer on my .308. the accupoint is really nice, optically I think it's nicer.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have the shv 3-10 on my 30-06 tikka, it’s an awesome setup, I’ve never been scoped with it.

OP
K
If yer leupold holds zero, yer gonna change it cause some dude online said something?

Sit back and analyze this some more. When you gonna head out west? Save your money for now and enjoy the hunt instead of worrying about stuff that likely doesnt need to be worried about.

In your shoes id be taking my ruger m77/357 w 4x bushnell banner scope deer hunting. It is excellent inside 100 yards on WT deer.

Fwiw i had a vx3i that was less than i wanted but have a vx2 that is bomb-proof. Also had a leica er that was wonderful optically but couldnt handle the recoil of my 3006 m 70. Am using bushnell and vortex and leupold these days. And if i drop my gun, will check the zero…
The leupold hasn’t been used yet. The M77 has sadly went down the road. Kinda regret it. Killed my first deer with it. I was 18 tho so young and dumb. Is still have the weatherby tho. It was my first rifle. Probably will replace the Nikon buck master on it though.

Spoonbill

WKR
I have a 3-9 accupoint and it is a good scope and you don’t need batteries for the illumination. It would likely work for your uses.

SEtoNWHunter

Lil-Rokslider
My exact set up. Tikka SS 30-06 Trijicon credo 3-9 mil reticle. It is simple and effective. I'm a big trijicon fan and have Credos, accupoints, and a couple older accupowers. All are great. I've run leupolds but the only one I currently own is in the box.
z70h0wJ.jpg

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Did you read list on original post?
In one of his posts he literally says he wants an illuminated reticle and adjustable parralax with 3 power on the low end. but whatever, I dont give a shit what scope he buys. I'm just wasting time at work.

KenLee

WKR
In one of his posts he literally says he wants an illuminated reticle and adjustable parralax with 3 power on the low end. but whatever, I dont give a shit what scope he buys. I'm just wasting time at work.
He knows he doesn't want a 3-9x40.

From original post :
After reading forms scope reviews I’m down to these

CREDO HX 2.5-15x42
ACCUPOINT 2.5-12.5x42
NF SHV 3-10x42
MAVEN RS1.2

OP
K
I
He knows he doesn't want a 3-9x40.

From original post :
After reading forms scope reviews I’m down to these

CREDO HX 2.5-15x42
ACCUPOINT 2.5-12.5x42
NF SHV 3-10x42
MAVEN RS1.2
Im leaving toward the Accupoint out of the 3. SHV is off the chart bc of no adjustable parallax, I put it there bc of known reliability. Seems like the trijicon is a happy medium. The NXS 2.5-10 is what I dream of but it’s out of budget. Since I don’t dial tho I like the capped windage and elevation on the Trijicon as well.

KenLee

WKR
I

Im leaving toward the Accupoint out of the 3. SHV is off the chart bc of no adjustable parallax, I put it there bc of known reliability. Seems like the trijicon is a happy medium. The NXS 2.5-10 is what I dream of but it’s out of budget. Since I don’t dial tho I like the capped windage and elevation on the Trijicon as well.
Accupoint is a nice "set it and send it" scope.
Holds zero and illumination adjusts itself with no worries about turning it on and off.
I own 3 in 2.5-10x56. Longest shot I've taken in years is 375 yards, so adjustable parallax doesn't bother me. My magnus illuminated is best scope I've ever tried, but it's no longer available in US and is 3x the cost.
Amplus 6 illuminated is a great scope for the $ at Eurooptic.com, but the 4a reticle one is too pricey compared to prices on the ballistic reticle ones.

Hello fellow kentuckian, and welcome.. You haven't said what your budget will support.. If you're budget will support it I like the Leupold VX6 with firedot, side focus and CDS.. I personally like the 3.5x18/50, but sounds like you might not need that much although the 3.5 is great on the low end and 18 is awesome for long shooting or sighting on game. You don have to dial, but if you choose to its available and can be tailored to you're rifle and load.. I agree with most posters that there are many really good scopes out there. I have at least one of the more popular brands and having a hard time saying which ones I like best.. The VX6s are great optically and they have never failed me (Vx3 and higher).. I personally really like the SWFAs, Trijicons, Swaros, and Kahles.. Just a side note... If you buy a scope that has really good glass, 30mm tube and reasonably large Obj lens that the clarity, sharpness and brightness and light gathering cability might offset the need for illumination (maybe) which would allow for more good options... You might also find that buying a scope that fits your immediate hunting/shooting needs and mounting in easy on/off pict mounts/rings no, then chosing a scope later that works for your planned future hunting might get you in the game without having to choose the "perfect" do it all scope now.. I move scopes around all the time for work for what I'm doing.. I use a high powered SWFA for load development, then switch off to something more sooting to my needs after I know what the rifle/load is capable of.. All the best..

OP
K
Hello fellow kentuckian, and welcome.. You haven't said what your budget will support.. If you're budget will support it I like the Leupold VX6 with firedot, side focus and CDS.. I personally like the 3.5x18/50, but sounds like you might not need that much although the 3.5 is great on the low end and 18 is awesome for long shooting or sighting on game. You don have to dial, but if you choose to its available and can be tailored to you're rifle and load.. I agree with most posters that there are many really good scopes out there. I have at least one of the more popular brands and having a hard time saying which ones I like best.. The VX6s are great optically and they have never failed me (Vx3 and higher).. I personally really like the SWFAs, Trijicons, Swaros, and Kahles.. Just a side note... If you buy a scope that has really good glass, 30mm tube and reasonably large Obj lens that the clarity, sharpness and brightness and light gathering cability might offset the need for illumination (maybe) which would allow for more good options... You might also find that buying a scope that fits your immediate hunting/shooting needs and mounting in easy on/off pict mounts/rings no, then chosing a scope later that works for your planned future hunting might get you in the game without having to choose the "perfect" do it all scope now.. I move scopes around all the time for work for what I'm doing.. I use a high powered SWFA for load development, then switch off to something more sooting to my needs after I know what the rifle/load is capable of.. All the best..
Since I’m military I can grab the 2.5-12.5x42 Accupoint for around 850 bucks. I’d say that is the highest I’d be willing to spend.

That scope with the Tikka should make for a great setup.. Great low end and plenty on the high end for 90%+ of all the shooting/hunting you'll probably be doing... I don't think you can go wrong with that combo.. All the best and happy hunting...

OP
K
My exact set up. Tikka SS 30-06 Trijicon credo 3-9 mil reticle. It is simple and effective. I'm a big trijicon fan and have Credos, accupoints, and a couple older accupowers. All are great. I've run leupolds but the only one I currently own is in the box.
z70h0wJ.jpg
How does this set up for for you?