Tikka T3x Roughtech 300 win mag

Billyvan

FNG
I recently pickup up a tikka roughtech 300 win mag. Took it out and sighted it in. Ammo was scarce but i found a couple boxes of
Hornady whitetail 150 grain soft points. I put twenty down in about an hour . The final 5 shot group was about 3” at 100yrds ( indoor range).

Save me some money and recommend a factory load that will shoot through this rifle better than that. 1/11 twist barrel @ 24”IMG_1669.jpeg

That's pretty bad grouping. Tikkas usually shoot much better that that. Check your scope mounts, rings, and action screws and make sure everything is tight. Then I would try any premium brand 180-200 grain bullets. Hornady 178 grain ELDX should shoot well with the 1/11 twist.

The Federal 200 gr. Terminal Ascent do .5 moa in my Tikka Roughtech 300 win mag. I have tried several 180-200 gr. factory offerings and have not had anything that was as bad as 3" @ 100. I believe the specs on the Tikka Roughtech are a 1/10 twist. I have a load with H1000 and 180 gr. Nosler Accubonds that are basically one hole at 100 yds on a good day when I do my part.

That's pretty bad grouping. Tikkas usually shoot much better that that. Check your scope mounts, rings, and action screws and make sure everything is tight. Then I would try any premium brand 180-200 grain bullets. Hornady 178 grain ELDX should shoot well with the 1/11 twist.

Yes, I agree. Pretty bad grouping. I’m not climbing to be a crack shot but I’ve been shooting my whole life. I know all the scope components are tight and all are also loc tightened, but I haven’t checked the action screws, i will do that next. Honestly I think an inch and a half of it is the ammo and inch and a half of it is me.

Mine shoots 200gr terminal ascent really well. I've also shot 150s pretty good (Norma whitetail).
I would mirror the above comment of checking all screws for proper torque.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Back