Tikka T3X Lite

Blacktail_Brown

FNG
Classified Approved
I'm a Browning fanboy through and through. Wife ended up buying herself a Tikka in 6.5 PRC and I am thoroughly impressed with it. She was able to get a PROOF research barrel that was pre-fit for it. It's lightweight and has one of the most buttery smooth actions.

As for the 30-06... nothing wrong with it. Worked for years. I think for western hunting, there are better options that avoid wind drift. Bit again, if it's what your comfortable with or you have an ungodly amount of good ammo stocked up, it would be a great rifle.

Ringbill27

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking to get a tikka t3x lite in 30-06 for hunting out west and deer hunting in northern minnesota. Wanted to see what every thinks of the gun if they have one and if they find it acceptable for long range hunting out west.
I’m sure you already bought the rifle but I just found this thread and thought I’d give my two cents. This is the exact criteria (even the northern Minnesota part) I bought mine for. I bought the stainless steel with a Burris 2.5-10x42 in DNZ game reaper low mount. 7.3lbs. Highly recommend a limbsaver recoil pad.

I’ve plinked with it out to 350yds but I haven’t settled on the bullet i want to use yet. I don’t think I’d want to shoot past 350 anyway. I haven’t practiced with any on my rifles past 350.

Currently working on the Barnes 168gr TTSX and Big Game.

It shoots factory ammo very well.

Attachments

• 72135121403__F946FC9F-80E1-4215-A90C-9EAE7BF6AF81.jpeg
    72135121403__F946FC9F-80E1-4215-A90C-9EAE7BF6AF81.jpeg
    328.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 6992191A-3CFC-4533-AA9B-01DA48F14C6A.jpeg
    6992191A-3CFC-4533-AA9B-01DA48F14C6A.jpeg
    232.6 KB · Views: 8
Might be a little heavy at 9 lbs without the scope, but my new Super Varmint in 6.5 creed is rapidly growing on me. First 200 rounds have been a “get acquainted “ period since before all I had shot on the range at 500 yards was my Savage 12 LRPV in .223 ( been a great rifle, by the way). Finding that if I can get the right dope in the scope the Tikka will easily stack shots into a 5” gong at 500 yards. I can recommend it highly.

OP
G
I’m sure you already bought the rifle but I just found this thread and thought I’d give my two cents. This is the exact criteria (even the northern Minnesota part) I bought mine for. I bought the stainless steel with a Burris 2.5-10x42 in DNZ game reaper low mount. 7.3lbs. Highly recommend a limbsaver recoil pad.

I’ve plinked with it out to 350yds but I haven’t settled on the bullet i want to use yet. I don’t think I’d want to shoot past 350 anyway. I haven’t practiced with any on my rifles past 350.

Currently working on the Barnes 168gr TTSX and Big Game.

It shoots factory ammo very well.
I did indeed buy the rifle and man have i fallen in love. Second time out i was hitting 8” steel plate consistently at 500 running hornady superformance sst’s in 165gr. Only downside is the gun barks! I’ve shot 30-06 my whole life but normally heavier rifles, and something this light makes for one hell of a hit😂 i’ll probably throw a recoil pad on it just to stop me from bruising at the range (no joke) and tempted to thread the barrel for a muzzle break but we will see if that happens. Overall i have had a great time with the rifle so far and heading out to Montana with it this november for some muley’s.

Ringbill27

Lil-Rokslider
I did indeed buy the rifle and man have i fallen in love. Second time out i was hitting 8” steel plate consistently at 500 running hornady superformance sst’s in 165gr. Only downside is the gun barks! I’ve shot 30-06 my whole life but normally heavier rifles, and something this light makes for one hell of a hit😂 i’ll probably throw a recoil pad on it just to stop me from bruising at the range (no joke) and tempted to thread the barrel for a muzzle break but we will see if that happens. Overall i have had a great time with the rifle so far and heading out to Montana with it this november for some muley’s.
For $38 the limbsaver is an easy investment into your shoulder. Takes it down quite a bit. I’ve bruised my shoulder as well with mine.

I just picked up a suppressor and I’m going to be sending mine in for threading soon.

Good luck on your hunt!