Tikka T3x lite bullets .308

Jason277

WKR
Hello all, my son recently got a Tikka T3x lite in .308 . I was going to try a couple different bullets for his gun both light and heavy . I have dies but haven’t reloaded anything In .308 yet . Just looking for suggestions. This rifle will be mostly used for mule/ whitetail and possibly pronghorn . Thank you Jason

Vern400

WKR
I've seen very few 308 rifles that wouldn't shoot 150 or 165 Sierra game Kings well. They are nearly match accurate out to 400 or maybe 500 yds. Terminal performance on deer size game is very good. Sierra part number 2125 and I forgot the other one.

Bfish22

Lil-Rokslider
We loaded Sierra 125 gr tgk for my sons tikka 308 when he first got it and I was trying to keep recoil down. They were accurate and worked well on whitetail.

As he grew and was able to handle some more recoil, we worked up a load for nosler 165 gr ballistic tips that is also very accurate.

Wolfshead

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Tikka T3x lite compact which I handload for.
I bought Hornady American Whitetail 150 grain to sight it in when I first bought it, and it was very accurate in my rifle, about 3/4” groups right off the bat.
I would recommend that to shoot, and hunt with.
I now hand load 150 grain Nosler Accubonds, in Starline brass, #200 CCI primers, and have settled on 46 grains of Varget for the load. It had shot softball sized groups, off a rest, out to 300 yards.
I would have shot the Hornady interlocks, as that is what the American Whitetail bullet is, but I have a bunch of the Accubonds already, and I’m very happy with their performance.
I’m trying to come up with a load for the 130 grain ttsx’s, but I cannot find anything consistent with Varget, so I’m going to pick up some TAC, and try that. TAC seems to be the go to for the 130s .

I will say that I love my Tikka, and it is my go to rifle now. Very, very accurate, and easy to point, and shoot.
Best wishes!

Ringbill27

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for the 130TTSX. I’ve loaded them for my wives ruger with a stout load of BL-C2 it’s pushing 3150fps. I could get them to shoot 3/4” groups and she is doing 1.25” which is good enough for the property and ranges she hunts.

Oddly enough i couldn’t get my tikka 30-06 to push them any faster so I gave up on the 130s and switched to the 168s.

Last edited: