Tikka t3x lite barrel contour

Brix8984

WKR
I am going to re-barrel my tikka to 6.5 prc with a McGowen barrel and am trying to figure out which contour is closest to factory lite contour. I don’t want the heavier barrel that comes on the roughteks. I’m currently going with a Douglas #3. Is this closest or should I go with the McGowen #3 or something else completely?

Jimbee

WKR
Call your order in and tell them you want a tikka lite profile. Even better, call Preferred barrels. Give the McGowen barrel reviews thread a read.

OP
Brix8984

Brix8984

WKR

Gila

WKR
I am going to re-barrel my tikka to 6.5 prc with a McGowen barrel and am trying to figure out which contour is closest to factory lite contour. I don’t want the heavier barrel that comes on the roughteks. I’m currently going with a Douglas #3. Is this closest or should I go with the McGowen #3 or something else completely?
McGowen has that profile even though it isn't listed. Check out the prefits for sale pages...They had a 6.5 prc T3x Lite barrel for sale at one time. Criterion barrels have the contour drawings if you want to take a look at the dimensions. Send McGowen your barreled action...they can copy your barrel contour and install the new barrel for you.