Yes they're stainless under the cerakote

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

• Banned
OP
R
Yes they're stainless under the cerakote

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Thanks, that's what I was hoping.

I don't understand threads on a 24.5 inch barrel. Who wants to hunt with a 30 inch barrel after a muzzle device is
screwed on?

I do wish it was 20" so it's longer and I may not opt to have a can on it all the time but its still nice to have the option to run one. I've hunted with AI AX's and AXMC's with 24-26" barrels plus a 7" can weighing 17-25lbs fully set up. I've never carried one in the steep mountains out west and wouldn't, but I've carried them miles in a day here on the east coast in the blue ridge mountains and even night hunting with a clip on attached as well using nods to navigate as well. So carrying 8.5lbs and 30" of barrel and suppressor doesn't sound bad to me.

Sled

WKR
For that price you could build a very nice Tikka just the way you like it.

• Banned
OP
R
For that price you could build a very nice Tikka just the way you like it.

If I built one the way I liked it I would have as much into it as my Fix. $1300 is more than I'd ideally want to spend on a TIkka, but it gets me pretty close to what I'm looking for and when you consider it comes cerakoted and threaded which would be $300-$400 worth of labor at a gunsmith it's not a bad deal.

Sled

WKR
What's you ideal build and then what's your realistic budget build?

• Banned
OP
R
What's you ideal build and then what's your realistic budget build?

They don't make anything exactly like I want so I'd end up with a $800 SS action, $1000 or so for a gunsmith to make what I want including blank since there are no pre fits how I want, and then $1600 for a MDT HNT26. I could have a custom action and prefit build for that so I'm not going that route. I just want a second hunting rifle to my fix that I'll actually like and doesn't cost as much as the fix. I like this rifle from cabelas as well as the SS Superlite so it will likely be one of those in 6.5 Creedmoor or 308.

Sled

WKR
$600 used action and bolt, $600 custom barrel and a krg chassis or factory stock could give you a head start.

The chassis you want is going to cost you a lot anyway. Why not find a rifle you like, cerakote it, and cut/thread it the length you want. Shoot it until you can find the chassis you like.

OP
R
$600 used action and bolt, $600 custom barrel and a krg chassis or factory stock could give you a head start.

The chassis you want is going to cost you a lot anyway. Why not find a rifle you like, cerakote it, and cut/thread it the length you want. Shoot it until you can find the chassis you like.

There’s not a gunsmith worth a damn installing a barrel that’s worth a damn for $600. Good cut rifled blanks are basically $400 now by time you pay tax and get it shipped. Any decent gunsmith is going to charge $350 to spin up the barrel and install it plus another $100 to thread the muzzle. That’s $850 with no action truing. I’ve been down the road of Tikkas with custom barrels before too.

It would be crazy to spend that on a Tikka when I can get an Origin action for $900 and prefits for $400-$500.

If I buy a Tikka it’s going to be in factory form or at most something that I have cut and threaded. Any more than that and it’s worth looking elsewhere because the value isn’t there.

Nosferatu

Lil-Rokslider
The barrel is 22" to the end of the threads. The stupid muzzle device is what brings it to 24.3".

Tikka used to be one of the best value in factory rifles, but $1300 for one with a volume enhancer, painted finish and camo-dipped plastic stock? Hard pass.

Sled

WKR
There’s not a gunsmith worth a damn installing a barrel that’s worth a damn for $600. Good cut rifled blanks are basically $400 now by time you pay tax and get it shipped. Any decent gunsmith is going to charge $350 to spin up the barrel and install it plus another $100 to thread the muzzle. That’s $850 with no action truing. I’ve been down the road of Tikkas with custom barrels before too.

It would be crazy to spend that on a Tikka when I can get an Origin action for $900 and prefits for $400-$500.

If I buy a Tikka it’s going to be in factory form or at most something that I have cut and threaded. Any more than that and it’s worth looking elsewhere because the value isn’t there.

I didn't realize you weren't installing yourself. There are smiths you can send your action to and get it head spaced for less. They'll send you back a barreled action for you to stick in a chassis or factory stock.

Anyhow, looks like an off the shelf solution is in your future. If you like the gun a Cabela's and are ok with the price, then that's your gun.

Gila

WKR
The cera-coated barrels are all moly. The cera-coated actions are not stainless either. The RoughTech Ember has SS as an option.

OP
R
The barrel is 22" to the end of the threads. The stupid muzzle device is what brings it to 24.3".

Tikka used to be one of the best value in factory rifles, but $1300 for one with a volume enhancer, painted finish and camo-dipped plastic stock? Hard pass.

The barrels looked a little shorter so I was thinking and hoping that may be the case.

Looks like just another variation of the T3X Lite Veil lineup.

I hadn’t seen this model, I wish they did a 22” 6.5 creed (assuming measured with the brake) like they do a 308, 270, and 30-06 but one of those in either of those would work.

OP
R
The cera-coated barrels are all moly. The cera-coated actions are not stainless either. The RoughTech Ember has SS as an option.

Is there any literature or something from Tikka that says that their cerakoted barrels actions are CM?