Tikka T3X Bolt disassembly

mt terry d

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Stripping down the bolt. I made the twist but the shroud doesn't want to slide off.
It wiggles around but seems hung up on something.
Cant twist it back either, think it needs to be "cocked" to twist it back.
Maybe I can just manually push back the slide/firing pin assembly ?
Not breaking out the big hammer just yet.
Am I missing something here, anyone else have this issue?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I think you may have twisted the shroud in the wrong direction... Get some pliars and cloth and twist it back, it will be tough but doable. Turn it the other direction and it will slide right off no issues.

Grab a small screw driver to make the next step easier, slide it in the assembly to give your leverage to twist it. Takes two twists, you'll feel a little stopping point on the second one, turn past this and it all can come apart.

OP
M

mt terry d

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I wondered if I might have gone the wrong way.
Here's how it sits at the moment.
Will give it a go. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• IMG_3331.jpg
    IMG_3331.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 20

Lawnboi

WKR
You’re down in the fired position, you went the wrong way.

You don’t need a special tool for this, grab the shroud and firing pin end like you got a pair and twist it up to the cocked position.

atmat

WKR
Congrats on doing this, if it was your first time!

It’s a right of passage for owning a Tikka haha. So frustrating.

Also, for anyone else reading this, I use the edge of my workbench to push down on and that seems to be work well, too.

OP
M

mt terry d

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Conventional mathematical/statistical understanding would say I had a 50/50 chance to get it right.
No. Not me.
It's like supposedly 50% of all people are below average intelligence. There's just no way
that's correct. Gotta be more like 90%.
Funny thing about math. I can't explain it. But obviously the "experts" are wrong again.

Conventional mathematical/statistical understanding would say I had a 50/50 chance to get it right.
No. Not me.
It's like supposedly 50% of all people are below average intelligence. There's just no way
that's correct. Gotta be more like 90%.
Funny thing about math. I can't explain it. But obviously the "experts" are wrong again.

We used to have a saying in the Navy, “50-50-90”