Tikka t3x accessory screw replacement

I'm a retarded ape when it comes to torquing fasteners. Torque wrenches save me a lot of machining bills. It took me a bit as a teenager to learn that tightening until I could not turn it any more was a bad idea. That is still what my brain defaults to though.

The catch is, even with a torque wrench, that little accessory screw might break if setting it for an action screw. Now I have to restrain myself and not go try and break one off.
True… that little screw isn’t the same as an action screw. I was just referring to him taking it to a shop for something that takes 30 seconds to do yourself.

Also… the shop guy doesn’t seem like he knows what he’s doing if he’s torquing that accessory screw haha

OP
T

TkeeneMT

FNG
I believe it's an M5 25mm.
Thanks for the info
It won’t help you this time… but man, do yourself a favor and get a Wheeler Fat Wrench for around $50-60 on Amazon. They come in handy so often… action screws, scope rings, bases, etc.
ya I need to get one. Would rather do the work myself. Here I am with scope and gun worth a couple grand total and don’t have the 50 dollar fat wrench

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Thanks for the info

ya I need to get one. Would rather do the work myself. Here I am with scope and gun worth a couple grand total and don’t have the 50 dollar fat wrench
Don’t feel bad, I used to work in a high end bike shop. Guys would spend 10k (in 2006 dollars) on custom bikes, we’d even meet them at the shop sometimes in the middle of the night so we could talk to the companies in Italy for their custom builds.

These same guys would bring their bikes in to get tires changed. We would also always look at their speedometers, amazing how many guys had 10k bikes and were doing 30 minute rides at 12mph.

OP
T

TkeeneMT

FNG
Don’t feel bad, I used to work in a high end bike shop. Guys would spend 10k (in 2006 dollars) on custom bikes, we’d even meet them at the shop sometimes in the middle of the night so we could talk to the companies in Italy for their custom builds.

These same guys would bring their bikes in to get tires changed. We would also always look at their speedometers, amazing how many guys had 10k bikes and were doing 30 minute rides at 12mph.
Ya got the screw out so now just waiting on a replacement that is coming from someone. I had no choice but to take my barrel out of the stock I had a bunch of grass in the stock from the hunting season.

Attachments

• 72981299826__954486F0-0475-41C1-A5CF-A9A82D5598B1.jpeg
    72981299826__954486F0-0475-41C1-A5CF-A9A82D5598B1.jpeg
    445 KB · Views: 15

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Ya got the screw out so now just waiting on a replacement that is coming from someone. I had no choice but to take my barrel out of the stock I had a bunch of grass in the stock from the hunting season.
Get that wheeler wrench, don’t be afraid to pull your gun apart and work on it yourself. I got my wheeler wrench about 10 years ago so I could put scopes on my rifles.