Tikka T1x...

ETtikka

WKR
question for you T1x guys.. I'm setting one up for my son, and I have 3-9x33 scope for it. I just spoke with Talley and they said a low ring would be good for it. Is this the best height option for him being only 8yrs old? and will the low ring limit distance on the gun? I read in this post guys putting 20moa rails on them.
I want the gun to be able to go out to 100yrds-200yrds ideally. I guess I could go with medium rings for more distance and then build up his check rest? maybe thats not idea.. thoughts anyone?

I just got one for my son as well, accuracy is phenomenal as others mentioned. I ordered sportsmatch rings and misplaced em, so went with some hawks rings off ebay that are a good bit lower but work great, with 33mm scope, gonna be hard to find any that are too low

JBradley500

Lil-Rokslider
I put a 30moa Area 419 rail and Seekins low rings on mine. I'd like to get out to 300 yards. Haven't gotten to stretch it out there yet.
PXL_20201119_220128231~2.jpg

ETtikka

WKR
question for you T1x guys.. I'm setting one up for my son, and I have 3-9x33 scope for it. I just spoke with Talley and they said a low ring would be good for it. Is this the best height option for him being only 8yrs old? and will the low ring limit distance on the gun? I read in this post guys putting 20moa rails on them.
I want the gun to be able to go out to 100yrds-200yrds ideally. I guess I could go with medium rings for more distance and then build up his check rest? maybe thats not idea.. thoughts anyone?
Here are the hawks rings, lowest rings I could find, a 3-9x40 Burris clears by about 1/4inch

I just bought one, haven’t shot it yet. Choice was primarily driven by ordering a Dead Air Mask can. Figured I could thread my semi-auto .22 but a bolt gun would be quieter.

Going with the DIP rail, haven’t settled on a scope. Thinking a 4-16 of some type as I’d like to use it for squirrel hunting as well as target shooting. Not planning on competing with it.

I’m actually not over the moon about the fit and finish/feel of mine for a $500 .22, but they seem to be accurate and have tunable triggers. Haven’t lowered the pull weight in it yet.

Figured I’d regret not buying one if they stop making them in the future though, ordered 2 extra magazines also.

wyosam

WKR
I just bought one, haven’t shot it yet. Choice was primarily driven by ordering a Dead Air Mask can. Figured I could thread my semi-auto .22 but a bolt gun would be quieter.

Going with the DIP rail, haven’t settled on a scope. Thinking a 4-16 of some type as I’d like to use it for squirrel hunting as well as target shooting. Not planning on competing with it.

I’m actually not over the moon about the fit and finish/feel of mine for a $500 .22, but they seem to be accurate and have tunable triggers. Haven’t lowered the pull weight in it yet.

Figured I’d regret not buying one if they stop making them in the future though, ordered 2 extra magazines also.

They are a great little rifle. I have my trigger set at 1.5# with the yo Dave trigger spring (though it was pretty dang good with the stock spring and adjusted as low as it would go, not sure what pull weight was, didn’t ever measure it). I have a Dead Air Mask and a Vortex HS-T 4-16 on mine, and love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One thing I will say is that I love the Sportsmatch rings on my T3X 223 and the T1X. But, like mentioned above, if you want to stretch it out a rail might be needed. I’ve taken mine as is out to about 350... but that eats up a lot of turns on the dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@JollyRoger

Sorry to necropost this but how close in height are the T084 and T035C in real life?

Can you tell one is taller than the other when you are shooting? Sportsmatch's website shows the T035C as being 2mm taller. But they also measure from the bottom of the clamps rather than where it rests on the receiver.

@JollyRoger

Sorry to necropost this but how close in height are the T084 and T035C in real life?

Can you tell one is taller than the other when you are shooting? Sportsmatch's website shows the T035C as being 2mm taller. But they also measure from the bottom of the clamps rather than where it rests on the receiver.

To35c are definitely a bit taller than to84 on a t3, but I don't know of a better option, and was not interested in going the pic rail or Talley route.

20221127_124722.jpg

On a side note or more related to op, really like bringing a 22 with me when I go shoot now. Set it up to feel like a real rifle, 6mq is perfect, get minimum 50 reps in for pennies before I shoot my centerfire, and it's just fun to shoot. Have said it many times but should have got one years ago.

To35c are definitely a bit taller than to84 on a t3, but I don't know of a better option, and was not interested in going the pic rail or Talley route.

View attachment 559421

On a side note or more related to op, really like bringing a 22 with me when I go shoot now. Set it up to feel like a real rifle, 6mq is perfect, get minimum 50 reps in for pennies before I shoot my centerfire, and it's just fun to shoot. Have said it many times but should have got one years ago.
I pretty much bring my T1X with me anytime I go shooting, unless I am only going to be shooting pistols at very short range. I really like it. I currently have DNZ Game reaper 2 mounts and it is setup exactly the same as my centerfire Tikkas so my eye cheek weld/eye position is the same.

I like that and I was wanting to keep doing that and use the recommended Sportsmatch rings, but it appears that my only options are to have a different scope centerline (.079 diff) or use a different set of rings or put an adjustable cheek piece on the T1X to bring it up slightly.

I appreciate the response.

SloppyJ

WKR
I'm looking for a fun 22 that's threaded for suppressed use. I was between this and the CZ, both with the 16" barrel. I think I'm leaning towards the Tikka after reading this thread though. These look like great rifles.

I really want one of these but bought a CZ 457 shortly before these were a thing, so it’s hard to justify another rimfire…

lelliott8

FNG
I love the look of the cz 457 but that kinda defeats the purpose of the trainer rifle. Maybe if stocky could make the vg tikka in walnut...