Tikka stock inlet?

Sled

WKR
I'm picking up a sendero contour carbon 6 barrel and need to know if i can make it fit a factory stock. I'm specifically looking at the newer stocks (veil, roughtech, etc) and want to know if they are a modified t3x lite stock or their own creation. so, if i wanted to open up the barrel channel is there plenty of material left or did they already take the excess off to fit the larger contour of their factory threaded barrel?

Sled, I have a D18 from cabelas. It has the heavier profile barrel. It looks as if they just opened the barrel channel of the standard TX3 stock to accommodate it.

My personal opinion is that opening up the barrel channel on a factory stock to accommodate the Sendero contour will leave you with an extremely flimsy forend. There won’t be much left on the sides at all.

OP
Sled

Sled

WKR
Sled, I have a D18 from cabelas. It has the heavier profile barrel. It looks as if they just opened the barrel channel of the standard TX3 stock to accommodate it.

My personal opinion is that opening up the barrel channel on a factory stock to accommodate the Sendero contour will leave you with an extremely flimsy forend. There won’t be much left on the sides at all.
That's exactly the info I was looking for. Thank you very much

83cj-7

WKR
This is a factory T3 lite stock that I opened up for a sendero contour barrel. I filled half of the voids under the channel with foam and glassed over it to create a perfect barrel fit.

The forend is rock solid and the rifle shot great in this stock.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 123
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 123

Gila

WKR
I think the D!8 stock may be the same as the RoughTech as far as barrel channel goes. Setting the RoughTech stock next to T3x lite stock; the RoughTech barrel channel is quite a bit wider and deeper than the lite stock. With the measurements I took, I think it may be between a Douglas #5 and a light Sendero. You might be ok to take enough out to float the Sendero but I don’t know the measurements of the Sendero..

OP
Sled

Sled

WKR
This is a factory T3 lite stock that I opened up for a sendero contour barrel. I filled half of the voids under the channel with foam and glassed over it to create a perfect barrel fit.

The forend is rock solid and the rifle shot great in this stock.
That looks really good. Did the glass stiffen the forearm more than factory? How much weight did it add?

OP
Sled

Sled

WKR
I think the D!8 stock may be the same as the RoughTech as far as barrel channel goes. Setting the RoughTech stock next to T3x lite stock; the RoughTech barrel channel is quite a bit wider and deeper than the lite stock. With the measurements I took, I think it may be between a Douglas #5 and a light Sendero. You might be ok to take enough out to float the Sendero but I don’t know the measurements of the Sendero..

I have a #5 that could use a home as well. Do you find the forearm flex of the rough tech to be more than the standard t3x or have they done work to stiffen it?

The reason I ask is I sometimes use my sling wrapped to stabilize and the flex is significant. I have noticed it when loading a bipod as well but have overcome this with attention to form. In the field it's often tough to replicate 100% of the time and my stiffer stocks cover for me there.

Gila

WKR
I have a #5 that could use a home as well. Do you find the forearm flex of the rough tech to be more than the standard t3x or have they done work to stiffen it?

The reason I ask is I sometimes use my sling wrapped to stabilize and the flex is significant. I have noticed it when loading a bipod as well but have overcome this with attention to form. In the field it's often tough to replicate 100% of the time and my stiffer stocks cover for me there.
They look similar in that regard but I used a wide fore grip on the lite and I didn’t notice any flex. I have not used the RoughTech stock yet.

83cj-7

WKR
That looks really good. Did the glass stiffen the forearm more than factory? How much weight did it add?
The forend is definitely stiffer. I’d say it only added 2-3 oz to the overall weight because I didn’t fill the entire forend with glass. I used foam to fill the voids and then glassed over the foam.

cptorrez3

FNG
What if I did the opposite and got a t3x light or ultralight and put it in an ag composite stock that had a sendaro inlet. How big would the gap be and would it affect accuracy? My thought is I would change the barrel, but not right away

Macintosh

WKR
You’ll get twigs hung up in the gap if you are crashing through brush, but the gap itself wont affect shooting the gun.
The gap will be noticeable but lots of people do it. Just check the profile for the barrels, take the difference and divide by 2…thats about how much gap there will be on each side/underneath.

cptorrez3

FNG
You’ll get twigs hung up in the gap if you are crashing through brush, but the gap itself wont affect shooting the gun.
The gap will be noticeable but lots of people do it. Just check the profile for the barrels, take the difference and divide by 2…thats about how much gap there will be on each side/underneath.
Thanks, I needed some..."everyone does it" im having trouble trying to find the numbers for either one
I kind of new to all of this barrel swap stuff.

If anyone out there has a picture of what the gap looks like it would be much appreciated