Tikka Roughtech stock torque

Nomosendero

Lil-Rokslider
I recently made a trade and picked up a Tikka T3X Roughtech. The trigger is a bit stiff and I have ordered a MCarbo trigger spring. Does anyone know how many inch pounds is advised for the stock screws? I would ask Tikka but I figure it would turn into a lecture about the spring.
Thanks

In the back of the book, there is a torque guild. I believe the ring/or rail to the reciever is 40 in lbs. I did mine at 35 in front 40 in back. Also consider laping your rings before scope install. My lightweight rings were torqued at 17 in lbs and all screws are blue loktite.20230130_004902.jpg20230130_075532.jpg

In the back of the book, there is a torque guild. I believe the ring/or rail to the reciever is 40 in lbs. I did mine at 35 in front 40 in back. Also consider laping your rings before scope install. My lightweight rings were torqued at 17 in lbs and all screws are blue loktite.View attachment 509869View attachment 509870

Well, not to crap on your parade, but the OP was talking about the action screws, not the rail attachment screws. If I read your post correctly, you torqued the front of your rail to a different value than the rear? Why would you do that? Also, if you used loctite on your ring screws, you probably torqued them to more than 17 in/lbs as wet torque and dry torque will measure much differently.

To the OP: 35-45 inch pounds is pretty common for action screws.

eamyrick

WKR
I’ve gone 40 inch lbs with great results. I would note that I sold a 308 T3x to a coworker a few years back and he called a few weeks later saying the safety wouldn’t work and the rifle was having accuracy issues. I immediately asked who he let monkey with it and he admitted to having one of our team armorers take it apart and clean it/mount scope. The armorer used the standard 65 inch lbs for McMillan stocks on the Rem 40x and it was too much for proper function. Back to 40 and everything resolved.

Well, not to crap on your parade, but the OP was talking about the action screws, not the rail attachment screws. If I read your post correctly, you torqued the front of your rail to a different value than the rear? Why would you do that? Also, if you used loctite on your ring screws, you probably torqued them to more than 17 in/lbs as wet torque and dry torque will measure much differently.

To the OP: 35-45 inch pounds is pretty common for action screws.
It might be hard to find it but at the back of the manual the specs are there.Screenshot_20230131_230357_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Macintosh

WKR
I’ll have to look, I recalled my manual specifying a plastic stock rather than trigger guard…will check tonight.

Edit—my manual looks strangely similar to yours! 😜
So it looks like perhaps the bottom plastic is the limiting factor, not the stock? Hmmm.

Last edited: