Tikka roughtech ranch?

OP
W

wesfromky

WKR
Anyone put hands on the 223 Roughtech Ranch to know if it has a fluted barrel and bolt? Pictures on Eurooptic show neither, but marketing videos from Baretta show they do...

Picked my two up today - bolt and barrel are both fluted. Feels just like my other two tikkas as far as bolt action and trigger. Really handy with that 16" barrel. Will try to get some photos tomorrow evening, but might be a few days before I get it out to shoot.

_S_R_

FNG

bullmtn

FNG
I just purchased one but waiting for the background check to go through. What’s everyone’s opinion on the pic rail? Good to go or should I figure on replacing it with an area 419? I’m guessing I’ll need to degrease and bond?
Thanks

Bullmtn

I just purchased one but waiting for the background check to go through. What’s everyone’s opinion on the pic rail? Good to go or should I figure on replacing it with an area 419? I’m guessing I’ll need to degrease and bond?
Thanks
If they are like CTRs, they are already glued on.

Considering it will be paired with an Ultra 7 and also used by a youth hunter is the form factor much different in feel and balance from say a t3x compact or standard for that matter? I was set on the compact and getting it cut & threaded but after seeing this rancher model the LOP from the factory stock could be simpler to adjust for him and 5/8 is easier with the CB since the 1/2’s are hardly ever in stock. For some background I’ve never shot a tikka so I figured a RSS is where to start but it needs to be youth compatible. Love to get your thoughts once you’ve had a chance to send some rounds down range.