Tikka Preferred prefit contours and stock questions

Hey all, I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a Preferred shouldered prefit for a Tikka build. I am thinking the best contour for me will be the #3. That being said, for those of you who have used them, I would be open to other options.
Mine is going to be chambered in .338 Sherman Max and it will be a max of 22". Most likely fluted as well. It will be used with a suppressor so 5/8-24" muzzle threads are a must.
I thought about the .810 taperless as well, but thought it may be too heavy.

The other question that I have for those that have gotten Preferred barrels, what stocks are you using? I really like the Mesa Altitudes, but I can also get a AG composites Alpine Hunter from Oregon Mountain. Did you have to do much modification to the stock to get your barrel to fit?

Jimbee

WKR
If cost is a concern it'd be cheaper to get a thinner barrel. I have a #3 sporter 6mmGT 20" barrel from Preferred. I wish it was a little lighter.

kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
I just received my barrels. I ordered a 23" #2 contour and a 21" .810 taperless. I really like the .810 taperless. I think you might be lighter with the .810 taperless over the #3 contour.

atmat

WKR
The ‘Lite’ contour will fit in the OEM Tikka stock (and thus many of the aftermarket ones). You can request it to be flared at the muzzle to 5/8”x24

OP
H
The ‘Lite’ contour will fit in the OEM Tikka stock (and thus many of the aftermarket ones). You can request it to be flared at the muzzle to 5/8”x24
If cost is a concern it'd be cheaper to get a thinner barrel. I have a #3 sporter 6mmGT 20" barrel from Preferred. I wish it was a little lighter.

Cost is not a concern. While I attempt to be cost conscience, I will spend more to get what I want.

Looking at the build page, it states that .30 cal is the largest caliber for the taperless .750 and LITE contours, which is why I was thinking the taperless .810 contour.

atmat

WKR
Cost is not a concern. While I attempt to be cost conscience, I will spend more to get what I want.

Looking at the build page, it states that .30 cal is the largest caliber for the taperless .750 and LITE contours, which is why I was thinking the taperless .810 contour.
I’ve spoken with them several times and have an order in for a 6creed in Lite with a flare for 5/8”, so it can be done.

mt100gr.

WKR
I’ve spoken with them several times and have an order in for a 6creed in Lite with a flare for 5/8”, so it can be done.
Pretty sure that's the exact order I plan to make. What length did you decide? What was the total for your order, if you don't mind?

Jimbee

WKR
I ordered the same thing over the phone, a tikka contour with flared end. It just showed up last week. It's a lightish contour, 5/8 threads, no flare. 19"

landon509

FNG
I am currently running a Bartlein 2b in 6.5 prc at 18”. It is threaded for a thunderbeast 5/8 cb brake for an ultra 7. Originally it was 22 and still threaded for 5/8 but marginally. Currently looking at chambering a barrel in 300 win mag for it in a #3 or 3b at 22” for a little more support with the can.

As far as stock goes it is in a Stockys Stock ultra carbon vertical grip. Weighs 23 ounces. Gunsmith bedded it and added Spartan precision flush cup and arca.

OP
H

I am glad they are offering the option of the flared end, but I am going with a .338 caliber barrel and they state that .30 cal is the max for the LITE contour.

Jimbee

WKR
Did you get your barrel yet? PBB now has a lite hybrid profile for 5/8 threads. That's what they sent me instead of a tikka profile with flared end.

atmat

WKR
Did you get your barrel yet? PBB now has a lite hybrid profile for 5/8 threads. That's what they sent me instead of a tikka profile with flared end.
Not yet. I ordered on 02/15 and was quoted 10-12 week build time, which takes me between 04/26 and 05/03 if it’s delivered on time.

Interesting about their new contour. When I spoke to them on the phone, I suggested they make it a standard contour for the guys on various forums requesting it.

Jimbee

WKR
Not yet. I ordered on 02/15 and was quoted 10-12 week build time, which takes me between 04/26 and 05/03 if it’s delivered on time.

Interesting about their new contour. When I spoke to them on the phone, I suggested they make it a standard contour for the guys on various forums requesting it.
I'll do some measuring and take some pictures when I can. To be clear, the new hybrid isn't flared.

atmat

WKR
I'll do some measuring and take some pictures when I can. To be clear, the new hybrid isn't flared.
Oh wow, I assumed it was. Excited to see pictures. Does it fit in the factory Tikka stock?

Edit: did they tell you that they were sending this new hybrid instead of what you ordered?

Jimbee

WKR
Oh wow, I assumed it was. Excited to see pictures. Does it fit in the factory Tikka stock?

Edit: did they tell you that they were sending this new hybrid instead of what you ordered?
They didn't say anything, just showed up. It does fit in my stock but I sanded out the barrel channel for enough room to fit a dead cat.