Tikka lite vs superlite weight?

2-Stix

WKR
I know this has come up before but can anyone confirm the weight difference? I have looked everywhere trying to confirm this info.

What is the weight difference from a Tikka lite stainless and a superlite stainless.

Thanks.

Last edited:

B23

WKR
Isn't the only difference, one is fluted and the other is not? If both barrels are the same length/contour but one is fluted and the other is not, the difference in weight between the two will be very minor. The Flutes in factory Tikka barrels is pretty shallow but even if they weren't, fluting just doesn't hardly change the overall weight of the barrel very much.

Antares

WKR
It’s a fluted barrel, that’s the only difference. So not much weigh savings. Superlites are all stainless. Lites can be stainless or blued.

Maverick1

WKR
3 oz. (Also, look at barrel length, as it can vary depending on caliber. Try to compare apples to apples and not oranges.)

Not enough difference if you’re just buying in to save on weight. I just like the look of the fluted barrel and got a deal on my 30-06. Mine shot .527 inch groups at 100 yards with very little effort in load testing.45CE5FB2-8BE5-4933-9283-3D7711385EDF.jpeg40C800F7-B2B1-43B7-9F24-22C66D9040ED.jpeg

Are you thinking of a specific caliber? For what it's worth, my 7mm Rem Mag SuperLite came in at 6lb 2oz on the scale, straight out of the box. Tikka's website says "6.6lbs" for both the Lite and SuperLite, so YMMV. Good luck.

199p

FNG
There is plenty of rumors in nz that the superlite (fluted) barrels are from the sako finnlight and this is added by some of them having a slightly different finish to the action and the non fluted colour matchers better.
I have alway gone the fluted way if available and they have alway shot better than the non fluted i have had.
I have probably had 8 or so tikka t3.