Tikka help

stan5677

Lil-Rokslider
Ok roksliders I'm back and need some stock advice. I've racked by brain for over a year on a new rifle and have decided to go with the Tikka T3x stainless in 6.5CM and plan on pairing it with UM Tikka rings and a Trijicon Credo HX 2.5-15x42 scope. As far as stock choices which will be done later down the line I've looked at the Stocky's NextGen Ultra Carbon Hunter Composite as far as my budget is concerned. My only concern is the thin looking recoil pad or is that a non concern with this cartridge? Looking for pros and cons of this stock aesthetically the rokstok I do not like.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Ok roksliders I'm back and need some stock advice. I've racked by brain for over a year on a new rifle and have decided to go with the Tikka T3x stainless in 6.5CM and plan on pairing it with UM Tikka rings and a Trijicon Credo HX 2.5-15x42 scope. As far as stock choices which will be done later down the line I've looked at the Stocky's NextGen Ultra Carbon Hunter Composite as far as my budget is concerned. My only concern is the thin looking recoil pad or is that a non concern with this cartridge? Looking for pros and cons of this stock aesthetically the rokstok I do not like.
They are thin limbsaver and work well. I shot the same stock on a 7wsm today that weighs 5.7lbs naked and 9lbs ready to hunt. It does it job.

It won’t be as good as a aftermarket airtech but for a 6.5c it’s all you need.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
That pad is surprisingly good. Non issue for your cartridge.

Only niggle with any of your choices is the MOA scope but otherwise looking solid.

-J

ORhunter74

Lil-Rokslider
I have that stock on a T3x in .300 wsm. No issues with the recoil pad being too thin. In fact it’s surprisingly comfortable. It should be more than adequate for a CM.

OP
S

stan5677

Lil-Rokslider
That pad is surprisingly good. Non issue for your cartridge.

Only niggle with any of your choices is the MOA scope but otherwise looking solid.

-J

I don't really plan on taking this past 400 is a mil scope the way to go

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I don't really plan on taking this past 400 is a mil scope the way to go
6.5cm matches up so well with quick drop, and mil wind brackets are so useful, that if you haven't bought the scope yet I'd get the non-HX Mil version just to make life easier. Happy to talk you through these comments, just PM me - can't type much tonight. Hopefully someone else will come along and link the relevant posts/threads to get you started.

-J

I think the factory stock is great. I added a Mattews Kydex cheek riser but otherwise, it works great.

Reactions: NSI

sdupontjr

WKR
IMO, the Tikka stock is very nice compared to some other tupperware stocks. Put a limbsaver on it and a Victor cheek riser and spend all that money you were gonna spend, on ammo and gear. But thats just me.
20240220_125958.jpg20240220_130027.jpg

My only concern is the thin looking recoil pad or is that a non concern with this cartridge? Looking for pros and cons of this stock aesthetically the rokstok I do not like.

The recoil pad isn't a concern with the 6.5 Creedmoor.

One thing I will add in regards to your last comment, I realize it is a journey to move past having to have a gun that "looks good" to get to where you have to have a gun that "flat out works". While the RokStock may look weird, it was designed from the ground up to be a "shooter's" stock. It doesn't care about looks, it cares about function. The Carbon Hunter stock that you are looking at is good at copying all the things wrong with "traditional" hunting stocks. Just my $0.02

OP
S

stan5677

Lil-Rokslider
The recoil pad isn't a concern with the 6.5 Creedmoor.

One thing I will add in regards to your last comment, I realize it is a journey to move past having to have a gun that "looks good" to get to where you have to have a gun that "flat out works". While the RokStock may look weird, it was designed from the ground up to be a "shooter's" stock. It doesn't care about looks, it cares about function. The Carbon Hunter stock that you are looking at is good at copying all the things wrong with "traditional" hunting stocks. Just my $0.02
I definitely agree with that statement. If I want to take this seriously having the best functional equipment would be paramount. I would love a tikka in 6mm creedmoor though.

huntsd

WKR
I have the stockys on my tikka 300wm. I really like it compared to the factory stock. My gun shoots under 1/2 moa with factory ammo.

Rokslide30 will get you 30% off