Tikka Compact rifle - (pic of buttstock) - Can you cut down a full length stock and add spacer?

RSC12

FNG
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has a pic of a tikka compact stock showing the internal space where the spacer goes.

I'm looking to purchase a new Tikka 243 for my little girls but I really want a stainless action as I live on the West coast of BC. The compact model is only a blued barrel and I have had issues with rust in our location. Anyways I've contacted Tikka and they sell the compact stock but at a price of $670(Canadian dollars) or I can get the spacer kit for $150 (can$).

I'm really just curious if I could cut an original polymer Tikka stock and install the spacer kit in the buttstock or if there is truly something different about the internals of the Tikka compact stock. I do realize I would have to drill out the holes for the pad screws etc.

Thanks,
Ryan

MattB

WKR
Can't help with the pictures, but throwing out the option that cerakote-ing a blued rifle might be a reasonable alternative cost-wise. I've never had the issue personally, but I have read that Tikka stainless rifles are a bit more rust-prone than some other stainless rifles.

BCsteve

WKR
Why do want to add spacers after cutting it? For later down the road when she grows up? I've cut down a plastic Rem 700 stock for my girls and installed a Limbsaver, it's doable. You can get a full size take off for around $150 CAN.

9-E29-A364-39-D9-4-F0-A-AAF8-779-D1-AA92554.jpg

cutting down one is pretty easy, as is sourcing a full-length factory replacement. Grinding a butt pad to fit, and/or trying to fit on a spacer, is going to be hard. I do some pretty aggressive stock modifications and would not bother messing with either of those.

I cut one down and added a slip on limbsaver. Works perfect, as others mentioned sourcing a full size stock is pretty easy once they get big. Best wishes

matthewmt

WKR
I have a lite compact, bluing is very prone to surface rust. I was going to have the barreled action cerakoted but will likely hold off til next spring or until it bothers me enough.

Is the compact stock without the spacer still to long?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

kickemall

WKR
Hopefully this is what you were looking for. If you keep an eye out the compact stocks pop up for $100-
$150, especially after Christmas. If these pics aren't what you're looking for let me know and I can take some more.

Attachments

• IMG_1760.jpg
    IMG_1760.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1759.jpg
    IMG_1759.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 30