Tikka caliber swap

Hey guys, Im new here and wanted to see if anyone had suggestions.
Im going to do a caliber swap from 7mm Rem Mag to 6.5 Creed, simply bc I already have a 7PRC. My understanding is that I need to swap the bolt and obviously the barrel to make this happen. Has anyone done this?

Also, Im looking for chassis recommendations as well for primarily target shooting. Thanks for the help!

If you’re set on a 6.5cm you’ll have to swap the bolt but you could go 6.5 PRC and keep the existing bolt. Tikka barrels can be tough to remove if you don’t have a good external action wrench and barrel vice. With a good wrench and vice the barrels come off without any trouble. Like all things using the right tools makes all the difference. As for a chassis I a fan of the KRG bravo.

trading the bolt like muley fever said would be a good option. Otherwise for what a bolt and barrel costs you would be better selling the 7 mm and just buy the tikka in 6.5
Honestly, this is probably the right answer. If you just want to go to a standard caliber like the 6.5CM you would be dollars ahead just selling what you have and buying the 6.5.

OP
B
trading the bolt like muley fever said would be a good option. Otherwise for what a bolt and barrel costs you would be better selling the 7 mm and just buy the tikka in 6.5
Agreed. I tried to sell it since I already had the barrel but wasn’t having any luck so I figured Id just do the conversion.

Any recs on a chassis for the Tikka?

OP
B
Honestly, this is probably the right answer. If you just want to go to a standard caliber like the 6.5CM you would be dollars ahead just selling what you have and buying the 6.5.
I was gifted a proof barrel in 6.5CM so I just dont want it going to waste or selling it. First world problem to have! Good info on the chassis selections. Ive been looking at the MDT LSS XL.

BlueJay

FNG
Classified Approved
I've actually been looking for a magnum tikka bolt and currently have a regular bolt face. Happy to trade if you pm me.