tikka bottom plastic

ID_Matt

WKR
It may have been discussed on here before but maybe I missed it. Trying to get my tikka action torqued in to a stockys VG at a reasonable torque and the action screws want to push through the bottom plastic, even much past 40 in lbs. Trying to avoid spending the money on an aftermarket bottom metal. Is there a good solution? Washer or different screw?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
It may have been discussed on here before but maybe I missed it. Trying to get my tikka action torqued in to a stockys VG at a reasonable torque and the action screws want to push through the bottom plastic, even much past 40 in lbs. Trying to avoid spending the money on an aftermarket bottom metal. Is there a good solution? Washer or different screw?

Two small washers between the bottom “metal” and stock.

^ that's how I do it too, except I use lamp nipple for the pillars. the first time I torqued a tikka to 65 in-lbs the screws pulled through - that little gap in the factory bottom metal is dumb, and so are the heads on the factory screws.

Reviving this old thread to add washer specs for anyone who later reads this and needs them.

The small washers to be added for a plastic bottom metal are:

6mm ID x 9mm OD x 1mm
Style# 4807-0609-1000

2 stacked in front, 2 stacked in the back (4 total). They fit snug, and are perfectly flush when installed between the bottom metal and stock (see pic). I had to take a small circular file to the front action screw washers to get the screws to fit flush when installed. That was on 3 separate rifles so it seems to be consistent. Takes 5min. Back screws on all 3 fit with no problem. Plug in the style # on Amazon and verify that style still matches the measured dimensions listed above. There are multiple 60 pack options for about $10. They ship from China.

It took me a little while to measure and locate this correct size so I hope this helps someone else moving forward.

Edit: more pics added. Corrected style # (see post below)

Attachments

• IMG_8374.jpeg
    IMG_8374.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_8378.jpeg
    IMG_8378.jpeg
    486.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_8375.jpeg
    IMG_8375.jpeg
    88.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_8379.jpeg
    IMG_8379.jpeg
    356.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Wilfred

FNG
Reviving this old thread to add washer specs for anyone who later reads this and needs them.

6mm ID x 9mm OD x 1mm
Style# 6807-0609-1000

2 stacked in front, 2 stacked in the back (4 total). They fit snug, and are perfectly flush when installed between the bottom metal and stock (see pic). I had to take a small circular file to the front action screw washers to get the screws to fit flush when installed. That was on 3 separate rifles so it seems to be consistent. Takes 5min. Back screws on all 3 fit with no problem. Plug in the style # on Amazon and there are multiple 60 pack options for about $10. They ship from China.

It took me a little while to measure and locate this correct size so I hope this helps someone else moving forward.

Edit: more pics added.
Thanks for following up with this! Very helpful.

6mm ID x 9mm OD x 1mm
Style# 6807-0609-1000

2 stacked in front, 2 stacked in the back (4 total). They fit snug, and are perfectly flush when installed between the bottom metal and stock (see pic). I had to take a small circular file to the front action screw washers to get the screws to fit flush when installed. That was on 3 separate rifles so it seems to be consistent. Takes 5min. Back screws on all 3 fit with no problem. Plug in the style # on Amazon and there are multiple 60 pack options for about $10. They ship from China.

Edit: more pics added.
I know your photos have it right, but the text of your post lists the first 4 of the style # as 6807, but it should be 4807...for anyone that blindly copy-pasted (me).

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Expensive, but a great kit.

I know your photos have it right, but the text of your post lists the first 4 of the style # as 6807, but it should be 4807...for anyone that blindly copy-pasted (me).
Just double checked my order history and you are correct. My mistake, I made the correction.

sdupontjr

WKR
I'll have to try the washers. I did the SS tubing on my CTR because of the stock, not the bottom plastic. There appeared to have a small void in the stock from the factory. This caused the bottom plastic to flex some. So filled in the slight void and installed the tubing. The washers however could be nice for my other tikka's. I have not issues with them yet during torquing, but this couldn't hurt. And appears to be much easier to install.

I'll have to try the washers. I did the SS tubing on my CTR because of the stock, not the bottom plastic. There appeared to have a small void in the stock from the factory. This caused the bottom plastic to flex some. So filled in the slight void and installed the tubing. The washers however could be nice for my other tikka's. I have not issues with them yet during torquing, but this couldn't hurt. And appears to be much easier to install.
If you want to try some of the specific washers from above and don't want to break the bank on $7 amazon or $20 High Desert kit, shoot me a DM and I'll mail you a few spares...apparently they come in a 60 pack for that $7 amazon deal.

I have not tried them out yet for fit/file requirements.