Tikka 6 creed PVA 108eldm feeding issue

lintond

WKR
I have the same PVA barrel and after a box I was having issues with closing the bolt. Had a carbon ring at the start of the freebore.

Is there any marks on the bullet? Mine had an obvious ring around it where it was getting stuck.

I haven’t shot mine after cleaning but it’s feeding again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the stuck case out and look for scratches or marring in some place it shouldn't be like on the bullet or on the neck/shoulder/case body. I'd clean your chamber and throat and see if you get any heavy fouling or brass shards. Since it is a PVA barrel, did you install it? If you did, take the barrel off and look at the chamber to visually inspect it.

Jay
does marring on the bullet after cycling through the action indicate something negative? I noticed this when checking to see how mine cycled after installing my prefit. its shooting and cycling fine but not sure that a big deal

Screenshot 2024-09-21 3.30.07 PM.png

Lawnboi

WKR
does marring on the bullet after cycling through the action indicate something negative? I noticed this when checking to see how mine cycled after installing my prefit. its shooting and cycling fine but not sure that a big deal

View attachment 767209
Not really. All my dummy rounds look like this. As the bolt moves to battery there’s slot of pressure with the plunger both going in and out of the action.

If it were doing it with the ejection plunger removed maybe. But still, this is Rokslide where nobody cleans, there’s gona be some carbon in there.

The Guide

WKR

View attachment 767209
Those marks look fairly normal as I don't see anything that indicates a hard stop into the lands nor an unchamfered edge that is peeling brass or jacket material off. I've had factory ammo that the bullet stuck in the barrel due to a short chamber. I've also had to use emory cloth to break the edges on a rifle that was shaving brass off to a point I wouldn't even attempt to reload it. Sometimes you wonder if there is ever any QC done before things leave the manufacturer.

Jay