Tikka 6 creed PVA 108eldm feeding issue

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for some help here. I have a tikka t3 with a PVA osprey prefit. I have 45 rounds through it and it cycled and shot flawlessly. Took it out of my rokstock to have some changes done to the stock and thrown it in a krg. It cycled pretty badly where if I went slowish it would get stuck pushing the bolt down and lifting it up. It was “better” when I cycled it fast but not perfect like before. Put it in a stockys VG and same thing. Tried another tikka bolt and same thing. Took trigger off and fed it and same thing. Tried different lots of ammo and same thing. Only thing is I don’t have any other ammo besides 108 so can’t try that. Last resort I went to clean it and still same thing. Any advice could it be the throat in the pva?

OP
Bc45

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider

Heres a video of me feeding it with different rounds and speed. I know it works going quick but it wasn’t like that before so just wondering why.

It sounds like you pushed some type of debris into the lug area or your chamber. Coloring a loaded case with a sharpy might help you identify the tight spot, or look around with a cheap borescope

OP
Bc45

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider
It sounds like you pushed some type of debris into the lug area or your chamber. Coloring a loaded case with a sharpy might help you identify the tight spot, or look around with a cheap borescope
just tried it and still nothing. I don’t have a bore scope but I can see pretty clearly down it with a light and nothing catches my eye. I just find it weird because some of my ammo is fine but others aren’t all of a sudden.

One of the problem pieces went in and out with sharpy on it and didn't reveal a tight spot or run area? If that's the case, then it is definitely something to do with the lug area

OP
Bc45

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah it did. Previous 45 rounds great, now no matter the lot of ammo some rounds cycle and some don’t.

Lawnboi

WKR
Personally I’d clean the chamber barrel and bolt very well. Re torque everything g in place and try again.

Is this a new lot of ammo? Stiff bolt close could mean your ammo is near the max spec and your headspace near the short end. It’s not the end of the world.

There are occasionally reports of people not being able to easily chamber (or at all) Hornady factory ammo in various cartridges. This is the first I've heard for 6cm, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's chamber/case issue

SloppyJ

WKR
My buddy couldn't chamber a few of his Hornady 300wm loads the other day. The bolt wouldn't close. He brought me a fired case and the one that wouldn't chamber. Everything checked out and then I measured the belt. It was 2 thousandths too long. He had a handful of problem rounds in 3 boxes of ammo.

I'd put money on the factory ammo being out of spec. Get some different ammo and see what it does.

OP
Bc45

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider
Personally I’d clean the chamber barrel and bolt very well. Re torque everything g in place and try again.

Is this a new lot of ammo? Stiff bolt close could mean your ammo is near the max spec and your headspace near the short end. It’s not the end of the world.
Yeah new lot, but I went back and tried and different lot to check and same thing. Some in the good lot worked and some didn’t

Yeah new lot, but I went back and tried and different lot to check and same thing. Some in the good lot worked and some didn’t
Yup. I had this same thing with a factory Tikka a fews year ago with Hornady ammo. Some worked some didn't. Contact Hornady and they'll probably replace it

The Guide

WKR
Get the stuck case out and look for scratches or marring in some place it shouldn't be like on the bullet or on the neck/shoulder/case body. I'd clean your chamber and throat and see if you get any heavy fouling or brass shards. Since it is a PVA barrel, did you install it? If you did, take the barrel off and look at the chamber to visually inspect it.

Jay

OP
Bc45

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider
Get the stuck case out and look for scratches or marring in some place it shouldn't be like on the bullet or on the neck/shoulder/case body. I'd clean your chamber and throat and see if you get any heavy fouling or brass shards. Since it is a PVA barrel, did you install it? If you did, take the barrel off and look at the chamber to visually inspect it.

Jay
Yeah I put it on. I’ll take the barrel off later and see if I come across anything weird. Thanks