Sold Tikka 6.5PRC 6.8 lb custom carbon: PROOF, Alterra, Atlasworx

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Selling my mono-launcher, a 6.5 PRC Tikka with substantial upgrades listed here:

PROOF Research 6.5 PRC pre-fit ($900, 50 rounds down the tube)
Alterra custom bedded carbon stock with scalloped pic rail and balance-point ARCA ($1250, 13" LOP)
Area 419 20MOA rail (bonded, $50)
Lumley's carbon knob & titanium bolt handle ($110)
Atlasworx AICS bottom metal ($150)
MDT WSM/PRC mag ($60)
IMG_1786.jpeg
Total invested: $2520 + $750 stainless Tikka, or $3270
Asking price: $2850 2450

IMG_1788.jpegIMG_1787.jpegIMG_1789.jpeg
How does she shoot?
Here's the last group shot by another RokSlider this weekend, 10 rounds into 1.15". This is roughly what you can expect, I have others to share that look identical. The carbon is very happy shooting .5" the first 3-4 rounds, and does not enjoy heat thereafter. All groups shot with Scythe Ti. All groups Barnes factory 127 LRX, which is far from a match load. I am not a gunsmith and make no representations with regards to headspace or safety. This barrel is torqued on at 100 ft-Lbs with a Short Action Customs vice.
IMG_1748.jpeg
What does she weigh?
6.8 lb on my bathroom scale without magazine.

How's the trigger?
Very light, with aftermarket spring (1.5 lb). I'm happy to replace with factory, but she is drop-safe per my unscientific testing. I am not a gunsmith and make to representations with regard to trigger safety or drop-safe condition, with the original or with the aftermarket spring installed.

What's her condition?
Gun and barrel are without fault. Bottom metal has a noticeable scratch on the bottom of trigger guard. Stock has small wear marks on the pic rail and barely perceptible wear marks throughout the carbon. Visible only from very close. It was used during the S2HU course with a 223 in it, and I am surprised by how little wear is showing. I'm including the balance-point ARCA, for which you can see the screw holes just in front of the bottom metal. I'm happy to screw it in for you. I have many more photos and am also happy to FaceTime - just PM me.
IMG_1791.jpegIMG_1792.jpegIMG_1793.jpeg

How does she feed?
Like butter. This AICS bottom metal was one of the few not to fail during the course, and that was with plastic .223 mags- the hardest to feed. It is set up to mate tightly now with the 6.5 PRC metal mag, and it feeds without any hesitation - or rattle. My next Tikka will get this bottom metal again.

Can I have some ammo?
Yes, I'm getting out of the 6.5 PRC game and am happy for you to have many boxes of Barnes 127 LRX at a steep discount.

Here's a pic with Great Pyrenees for scale. Ignore the bipod and scope. PM with questions about the rifle ... or dog.
IMG_1750.jpegIMG_1752.jpeg

Best,
-J

Last edited:
OP
NSI

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Final price drop before parting out.

-200 to $2450

If you've been curious, now's the time to PM me.

-J

OP
NSI

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Stock, bottom metal, magazine, ARCA rail: sold.

Listing the Proof barrel in a fresh thread.

-J

Status
Not open for further replies.