Tikka 6.5CM to 6CM Rebarrel

I have a tikka stainless in 6.5 CM that has a couple hundred down the barrel. A little interested in rebarreling to a 6 CM to get some more velocity out of it. Currently pushing 143 EDL-X’s at 2660 on an 18” factory barrel, nomad TI can.

Is the juice worth the squeeze here?

Don’t reload, looking to shoot the 108 ELD-M. What are my barrel options? Seems like everything I’m seeing that’s a tikka prefit costs more than a new tikka. No idea if I need a prefit or what, very green to anything “custom” or modified.

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I'd like to switch my 6.5cm to a 6mm, but decided my goal should be to shoot out the 6.5 and then switch. I think I'm at like 700-800 rounds on the barrel, so I have a ways to go. Don't listen to my rational though, it also includes selling a nice 22-250 to get a Tikka in 22-250 in 1:8 (possibly rechambered to 22Creed)....

I have a factory lite 6.5 that I chopped/threaded at 18” but has never been shot because it got a 6 creed barrel right away. 2nd 6 creed barrel is getting delivered tomorrow. That said, I’m still not positive the juice is worth the squeeze over just shooting 130 tmks, elds, or Berger’s in the factory barrel.

factory ammo is a little harder to get the velocity with the creed. Federal 130 OTM would get a hard look from me with a 6.5

Last edited:
OP
SteveAndTheCrigBoys
I'd like to switch my 6.5cm to a 6mm, but decided my goal should be to shoot out the 6.5 and then switch. I think I'm at like 700-800 rounds on the barrel, so I have a ways to go. Don't listen to my rational though, it also includes selling a nice 22-250 to get a Tikka in 22-250 in 1:8 (possibly rechambered to 22Creed)....
That's one of my same thoughts, but at the same time I'm not sure I want to wait that long and spend the money on ammo to do it. If I do stick with the 6.5 I'll probably pick up a Rokstok, which might be the smarter decision anyway.

I have a factory lite 6.5 that I chopped/threaded at 18” but has never been shot because it got a 6 creed barrel right away. 2nd 6 creed barrel is getting delivered tomorrow. That said, I’m still not positive the juice is worth the squeeze over just shooting 130 tmks, elds, or Berger’s in the factory barrel.

factory ammo is a little harder to get the velocity with the creed. Federal 130 OTM would get a hard look from me with a 6.5
Unfortunately not planning to start reloading anytime soon. What 6 creed barrels did you go with?

I did this exact thing. I had a 6.5CM CTR that I had a smith put a 20” threaded, fluted, Bartlein 3B in 6mm CM on. Of course the flutes, cerakote, threading, chambering, installation costs money but I think it’s worth it.

I’m shooting 108 ELD-Ms around 2850 or so with a suppressor. The rifle has been nothing short of fantastic and I kind of wish I’d done it sooner.

bbell

WKR
Something to think about as well is from my searching I’ve found 6.5mm ammo actually cheaper than 6mm.

I got a x-caliber 6mm Creedmoor barrel for my savage 7mm-08 on sale last year. It shoots very well. I. Never shot the 6.5 version but I love shooting the 6 Creedmoor