Tikka 30-06 Veil Wideland suppressor?

03mossy

WKR
I am completely new to suppressors but am kicking around the idea of getting one for my 30-06. Can someone point me in the right direction and offer up some advice on which one sI should be looking at?

I have the Cabela's/Basspro version of that rifle (D-18) and one thing I will say is that putting a suppressor on the factory-length barrel makes it long. Now, if you don't mind the aesthetics of having the barrel cut into the flutes, then just have it cut down and re-threaded. If that is a problem for you, then I would look at getting a prefit barrel in the 20" range.

As for suppressor recommendations, you will get a lot of Thunderbeast recommendations because they are good cans. I don't own one personally, but that is because I am a direct thread guy and I think that their method of direct threading (i.e. using thread locker to lock a muzzle device into the can) is a bit stupid. Just put a HUB mount on your cans and be done with it.

Options for non-TB: SilencerCo Scythe, Dead Air Nomad, CGS Hyperion K, AB Raptor, SilencerCo Omega DTM

OP
03mossy

03mossy

WKR
Good links thank you. Should be enough to read or confuse the shit out of me lol.

OP
03mossy

03mossy

WKR
Went to a gun fair today and shot a Springfield 2020 .308 with both a Backcountry and then a Banish 30. Both seemed nice to me. But reading up on the banish 30 here it doesn’t get glowing reviews. But now I have something to compare to reading up on the others.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Went to a gun fair today and shot a Springfield 2020 .308 with both a Backcountry and then a Banish 30. Both seemed nice to me. But reading up on the banish 30 here it doesn’t get glowing reviews. But now I have something to compare to reading up on the others.
Banish 30 isn’t bad but for the same money or slightly more you can get a top of the line silencer. The whole user serviceability thing is just dumb. My banish 30 is no longer user serviceable as it’s fused shut.

The banish 22 and the backcountry, in my opinion are the only banish products worth buying. I wish they had the backcountry when I got my banish 30. I still say that the banish 22 is better than my dead air mask22 because it’s lighter and the titanium baffles are easier to clean, I also can’t tell a sound difference between the 2.